Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. My partner and I are applying for a defacto visa. We have paid for the visa application which is a painful 7000. Now we have just been trying to upload the documents.

I work as an outdoor guide so i'm in the bush with no phone reception camping with school kids each week. My partner Ben who is English and its him we are trying to get the visa for is currently working as a raft guide in morrocco. So its been hard to communicate and get the documents.

I have been applying the documents but I didn't realise that i was going over the limit and now i'm over the limit but they are still saying that they need documents. For example I being the organised one in our relationship posted Bens birth certificate but an email was sent saying it needs to be certified and now I can't lodge a certified one (thats even if ben is travelling with this original birth certificate and can get it certified.

I'm so stressed and scared that we will pay all this money and stuff like this means that we will not get our visa. Also one of the things they asked for was a 40sp form but one time when I did speak to an agent she said I didn't need that as it was already part of the online application so I'm confused.

Has anyone else gone over the document limit but still needed mandatory docs. I know I was stupid. I just was plugging away. I'm so worried now.

If there is anyone out there that might know anything that could help or has been in my situation that would be able to help I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
The request for the "certified" birth certificate is very strange, quality colour scans are all that is required (except may be via Singapore).

It seems you have not filled the sponsor section of the online application, you need to read up on that. There is 60 slots to use to upload on that sponsor section - so a total of 120 for both.

It if not a well planned application if you need 60 slots, most good applications are around 30 uploads.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
The info on uploads is on the visa website. If you haven't read everything on there yet pertaining to the visa then you need to.

Who asked for a certified copy? Were you emailed specifically by a CO from immigration and told to upload a certified copy or did you read that somewhere?

There is an online form for the applicant (47sp) and an online form for the sponsor (40sp). If you haven't done it yet, you need to go into immi and create a new application and select the sponsorship form. Again, this process is explained om the DHA website for the visa.

The sponsor side will give you another 60 upload slots but you need to use them wisely. Also be aware that sometimes the sponsor upload slots will close so don't expect to be able to upload things into them forever. Get yourself organized now.

For other readers seeing this and not wanting to make the same mistakes, you should have all of your documents ready to go before you submit the application and pay the fee. Always upload required document checklist items (from the visa website) first and then evidence after, starting with the strongest evidence first. Prioritizing. Don't upload the same documents multiple times (just wastes upload space, make more work for the CO, and stated on the visa website not to do it) and try to always leave yourself 10 extra upload slots free (but like ampk said even a thorough app if well organized will take around 30) because it is not unusual to be asked for more evidence or something that you forgot to provide (like police certificates).

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
It happens occasionally that a case officer wants a certified copy of a particular document. It's not that unusual.

As the previous poster said, you should have 120 slots to update documents. Even 60 should have been plenty.

Send an email to the case officer and let them know that you will provide the requested document as soon as possible.

Your application sounds a bit messy. Maybe you should get someone to have a look at it. Did you do the sponsor application ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Yes, It probably is a bit messy. Its just been hard with my being in the bush during working hours and not being able to contact so much. They did email. I made a mistake. I should have got everything ready and then applied. I guess we just wanted to get the ball rolling so much as to not spend too much time apart. But its my fault but now I don't know what to do about it. I won't be able to call the agents until 2 weeks from now and by then I think our application needs to be submitted to fit within the 60 day period. I wish I knew what to do. Press the we have submitted everything or not.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Yes, It probably is a bit messy. Its just been hard with my being in the bush during working hours and not being able to contact so much. They did email. I made a mistake. I should have got everything ready and then applied. I guess we just wanted to get the ball rolling so much as to not spend too much time apart. But its my fault but now I don't know what to do about it. I won't be able to call the agents until 2 weeks from now and by then I think our application needs to be submitted to fit within the 60 day period. I wish I knew what to do. Press the we have submitted everything or not.
What do you mean here (in bold), where did the 60 day period come from?

The poster CCMS is a Registered Migration Agent FYI.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for responding

I thought that once you have submitted payment you have 60 days to submit all the documents. I would consider getting a migration agent to see if they can undo anything I have done wrong or help me further but I don't know that I can afford it. Or if there is any point. I just want to speak to a nice person at the Visa department but because I work in the bush monday to friday with no reception I won't be able to call for 2 weeks. I added 2 more 888 forms we had under my part under extra documents. I still have a lot of space under my docs but bens part is the full part.

Thanks for responding. It means a lot

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
I thought that once you have submitted payment you have 60 days to submit all the documents. I would consider getting a migration agent to see if they can undo anything I have done wrong or help me further but I don't know that I can afford it. Or if there is any point. I just want to speak to a nice person at the Visa department but because I work in the bush monday to friday with no reception I won't be able to call for 2 weeks. I added 2 more 888 forms we had under my part under extra documents. I still have a lot of space under my docs but bens part is the full part.

Thanks for responding. It means a lot
The idea is to provide all documentation as soon as you lodge the application, not weeks or months later. If you add any documentation later, make sure it relates to the period before the date the application was lodged. It is no good adding evidence that was created after the lodgement date, with the exception of a relationship registration certificate and things like police certificates.

Keep in mind that the Department can make a decision on your application whether you have provided the correct documentation or not. They don't need to ask for it and often they don't.

I don't know where you got that 60 day period to provide documents from. There is no such thing.

I understand the logistical problems you are dealing with, but that is something you should have probably sorted out before embarking on the application process. Many of my clients are in similar circumstances and that's why they use Registered Migration Agents to deal with it all.

Good luck with speaking to a "nice person" at the visa department....

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
While you can at times speak to a nice person at a Visa Department, they are not qualified to give you advise nor are they accountable if they give you wrong advice even if in writing. There are many horror stories in this area.

Some RMA's offer a review service others wont touch you now. The ones that will have different rates, but a start figure for a good RMA review of your application would be around $600. I don't know if CCMS offers such service or what his fee would be.

I can say for sure there is no 60 day requirement/limit and technically everything should be submitted together at once except police and medical documents. I recall some sort of warning to RMA's about this around a year ago.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I could do it again I would go through an agency. I don't want to lose Ben or the 7000 grand to be honest. Is there any point in getting a migration agent now?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
If I could do it again I would go through an agency. I don't want to lose Ben or the 7000 grand to be honest. Is there any point in getting a migration agent now?
It's never too late...

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Just wondering if it is the 820/801 or the 309/100 that you applied for as your post is not clear. If 309/100 what embassy is processing it - you said he is English but working in Morocco.

Some embassies are stricter than others. The Australian Embassy in Egypt is one of the strictest ones to deal with (fingers crossed you are not dealing with them).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.