Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

IELTS General vs Academic for an IT job

4K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  pushpinder 
#1 ·
Hello,
If one was to consider applying for a Skilled Independent (subclass 189), and 'SkillSelect' point system says that 'take only the general test unless otherwise advised by your skills assessing authority', then should one ask the 'ACS' people which one is needed?

As background info: I have an IT education(mater degree was last) and almost 8 years of work experience in my field. I have an Academic IELTS with a 7.5 band, but it has a grade of 6.5 so that is not going to get me any points.

Thank you for your time
Alex.

#5 ·
Though some registering bodies do eg: Teachers registration board requires academic level. I don't think this applies to you but thought i would make you aware of it

#7 ·
Hi, are you really sure that teachers need Academic IELTS to register as teacher and not GT? And will this work for immigration as well or do I need to take separate GT IELTS? Also please inform that is registration optional for any remote state and I can at least migrate with 7 bands each in GT or Academic? Please help its my ever first post here :)

#8 ·
I am positive that teachers need to do academic IELTS, if from Asian country

#9 ·
Thanks dear. Yes I am from India. Can you also please inform that for all states in Australia need registration as teacher or only few of them need this. I personally feel that this only needs if you want to work there as a teacher and not as initial requirement for immigration? Yes melbourne, Sydney and ACT specially mentioned in the list that registration required for 241411 category but what about those lists where states not mentioned this requirement?
If this is true then it means that I can apply with 7 each in IELTS:) please advice

#13 ·
My wife has finally had her teaching qualifications recognized in Australia. Need a score of 8 in speaking and listening with a band score of 7.5 across the 4 domains. this process has taken her 5 months due to constant requests for additional documentation from Philippines

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.