Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife just heard at her work from a co-worker that a friend of that friend just got the bridging visa A and got no work rights...I'm here on a 3 month tourist visa till my bridging visa kicks in, in two weeks...my Australian wife and I are doing the partner/spouse visa...am I gonna be denied work rights in my bridging visa? I'm really praying this isn't gonna happen...hope someone here has some insight...thank you again

·
Registered
843 Posts
My wife just heard at her work from a co-worker that a friend of that friend just got the bridging visa A and got no work rights...I'm here on a 3 month tourist visa till my bridging visa kicks in, in two weeks...my Australian wife and I are doing the partner/spouse visa...am I gonna be denied work rights in my bridging visa? I'm really praying this isn't gonna happen...hope someone here has some insight...thank you again
from the sounds of it you have already applied and received your bridging visa and are just waiting for it to kick in?
you can read the conditions on it now. but you should be right.
someone, who has a friend, that knows someone who once said isn't exactly a reliable source of info. especially if people who don't understand visas is passing info on.
eg what visa are they going from and to?

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Bridging A visas generally have the same work rights as the visa held when the main visa application was lodged.

If your BVA does not let you work in Australia, or has restrictions on working, you can apply for another BVA that lets you work. To be considered for a BVA that lets you work, you will usually have to demonstrate that you are in financial hardship.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav...orking-in-Australia-while-you-hold-a-BVA.aspx

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She just looked at the bridging visa in the email and it says "no conditions" but no travel...is that good or bad? I figured the no travel thing would happen.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
She just looked at the bridging visa in the email and it says "no conditions" but no travel...is that good or bad? I figured the no travel thing would happen.
It's likely that's true. You need to keep in mind other details as in that person may have gotten a BVA for a reason other than a partner visa.

Partner visa applicants get a BVA with "nil" conditions. Read your grant letter in full. There is a section that says "Permission to Work" and explains your particular BVA very clearly in one simple sentence.

And a BVA doesn't come with travel. That's normal. You need to apply for a BVB to leave and reenter Australia.

Probably best if you print out the entire visa grant notice (not just the grant page), have a good read and highlight the important sections you don't want to forget.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
It is best not to listen to the friend of a friend of your wife’s co-worker.

If you have lodged a valid partner visa in Australia your bridging visa will have “ nil conditions”, which means that you will have full work rights once your bridging visa comes into effect.

Bridging visas may have different conditions, depending on the visa held and the visa applied for. Therefore different people may end up with different bridging visa conditions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.