Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys!
My partner and I finally collect our visa money and will apply offshore defacto visa. We are knowing each other since 2011 and visit each other since then. We talked on Skype, FB etc. while we are seperate.
You know relationships comes naturally, I guess nobody saying 'ok we are starting to get serious righttt noww' :D So we thought we need an anniversary date and pick the date when I visit him in blue mountains and meet his friends as his girlfriend in 2015. Then I got my tourist visa for a year and we lived together in AU over a year in may 2016 to june 2017.
We were loving and commited each other before I was living there.

So my questions are;
1. Isn't it important everything that we did before we lived together?
2. Shouldnt I add our convos, money transfers, bank statements etc. before 2016?

3.I'm from a 'risky country' so is it better to put tons of sheets about every single thing we did together or keep it simple and add everything with evidence (for example Im not sure if its important to put pictures of gifts)?

Over 6 months Im trying to tidy up this papers again and I am so confuse right know :confused:

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Being from Turkey I would have an Australian based RMA look over the application before submitting- some do some don't , but for a few hundred $"s I would.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You need to write a statement about the history of your relationship - when and how you met and how it developed. So that statement would start in 2011. The date you choose as your "relationship to the exclusion of all others" is in 2015. So that's what's important for the application and what you need evidence for. From what I understood...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need to write a statement about the history of your relationship - when and how you met and how it developed. So that statement would start in 2011. The date you choose as your "relationship to the exclusion of all others" is in 2015. So that's what's important for the application and what you need evidence for. From what I understood...
Yes we wrote individual statements about our story.
I heard couple of different views about adding documents before we live together or after it.
For example our facebook conversations are so long. Should I add ones when we had seperate time after we lived together or choose randomly since we know each other?

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
It was my understanding that "high risk" countries are any country that is not on the ETA eligible list. Turkey is not an ETA eligible country.

To answer OP, I would include evidence of the beginning of your relationship to prove when it started and how it developed into de facto, but the bulk of your evidence should be your de facto evidence as that is what you're being assessed on. So yes, it would be wise to include things earlier than when you started living together.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes we wrote individual statements about our story.
I heard couple of different views about adding documents before we live together or after it.
For example our facebook conversations are so long. Should I add ones when we had seperate time after we lived together or choose randomly since we know each other?
I only included the Whattsapp Chat of the time my partner and I were living apart - as you need to prove that you've been in regular contact during that time. So I'd say definitely some screenshots (or a PDF) of the time you've been apart and maybe some important things from the time you've been together. Maybe when you were talking about a big purchase together (financial evidence) or invitations you had from friends (social evidence)? Things that show you're planning your future together?

Follow your feeling: A stranger is going to look at your documents. That person needs to get to know you a bit - just from your statements and documents. What would you like to show that person (in addition to the hard facts like passports etc) that will show your love for each other?

(Our whatsapp document (reduced PDF) had something like 250 pages coz we chatted every day... :D It's only a few MB, but proves we're talking a lot about everything in our lives!)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've look up RMA's and it seems they are over my budget.
I'm searching this visa over a year. I learned lots of things from this forum.

Do you guys think if I apply this by myself I have really small chance to get my visa because of I'm from a risky country?
I'm really demoralized right now.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
As long as you can prove your relationship is genuine with strong evidence and meets the requirements, it doesn't matter where you're from.

Keep studying the evidence lists people recommend on this forum in previous posts over the years and you'll find plenty of ideas for good evidence.

·
Registered
50 Posts
To help with the high/low risk question: According to various pages found on Google, low risk countries are the ones considered eligible for an ETA visa.
On the ETA Visa information page, turkey is not listed. That makes turkey a high-risk country.

ETA eligible countries can be found here: (under "who could get this visa")
https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/601-#

I can't comment on your chances, as I'm not a migration agent. :( Sorry. Good luck!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To help with the high/low risk question: According to various pages found on Google, low risk countries are the ones considered eligible for an ETA visa.
On the ETA Visa information page, turkey is not listed. That makes turkey a high-risk country.

ETA eligible countries can be found here: (under "who could get this visa")
https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/601-#

I can't comment on your chances, as I'm not a migration agent. :( Sorry. Good luck!!
Thank you for your information. That must be new :/

·
Registered
50 Posts
As skybluebrewer said: if you've got a relationship that meets the requirements and you can submit all the evidence needed, it shouldn't matter where you're from. I'd assume meeting the character requirements is more important. Just keep on collecting what you can find.

Reactions: merve

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As long as you can prove your relationship is genuine with strong evidence and meets the requirements, it doesn't matter where you're from.

Keep studying the evidence lists people recommend on this forum in previous posts over the years and you'll find plenty of ideas for good evidence.
I will continue to doing that. Thank you so much

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
That is exactly what classes a High Risk country - the passport you hold.

Back in 2006 the actual process times for PMV's was:-

Low risk countries - 2.14 months
High risk countries - 4.10 months

So certainly not new. P.S. the fee back then was $1,340 total including kids if applicable.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So I just realize that RMA is not mean Registered Migration Agency, it is Risk Managment Association, am I right?
So except saving my money if I would get refused,
are they helping the process of my visa application?
Also I seriously start to thinking about getting help from an agency.
Can I have some advice about good agencies, if its not againts the rules of this forum?

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
RMA = registered migration agent.

A migration agent uses their knowledge of migration legislation and the department policy manuals as well as their experience to assess your particular situation, and help you and your partner put together the strongest application package possible.

There are several good migration agents who have been posting on this forum for quite a long time and I personally wouldn't hesitate to use any of them: http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/252474-registered-migration-agents.html

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.