Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my name is Tiffany and I live in the USA. I'm preparing to turn in my VISA application at the end of this month and was recommended this forum by a friend that moved to Australia a little less then a year ago on a PMV.

Firstly, I was married when I met my current partner. My ex and I couldn't afford to get a divorce at the time of our original separation due to money restraints. My Marital Separation Agreement shows the date we physically separated, but my divorce papers say December 2016. I have never lived with my fiance, so I know I wasn't breaking any laws. I just wanted some reassurance that this fact will not interfere with my PMV.

I was originally planning to try to move to Australia by ways of work or military, since I am prior service Army. After I met his family and he met mine, my partner proposed to me and convinced me to do a PMV. We didn't know how long it would take for me to get there or how long I'd be able to stay under a Work VISA and we are both ready to start life together, as well as a family.

We want to make sure everything is done correctly legally and want to make sure that there is virtually no chance of failing to get a PMV, because it is a very large amount of money that neither of us can afford to just throw away. We want to get this done right the first time. I was told that I could find a RMA here that would be willing to look over my PMV app and let me know if I have done anything that could result in a denied VISA. I would greatly appreciate any help offered.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I hope that I didn't post too much to the introduction post! Let me know if I need to post this elsewhere.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.