Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm an int'l student who is studying in australia and currently, i am worried about my tuition fee. i am thinking of ways on how i can pay the remaining tuition fee cost, so i thought, why not sell homemade cookies and other sweets at school as an extra income? my question is, am I allowed to do that? i mean i will just ask other students if they want cookies and if they want, ok they buy it. it's not like i'm going to have a cookie stall there.

if i do this will I get into trouble? i am currently holding student visa, and as we all know we can't work 40hours ++ per fortnight.

·
Registered
206 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is food safety and licence requirements - at a minimum you'll need a safe food handling certificate, and I'd suggest checking in to this further.

·
Registered
445 Posts
You'd probably need some sort of insurance for yourself in case god forbid someone sued u for food poisoning (just an example lol) u may also need an abn number as technically u would be self employed. Maybe give dept of fair trading a call and ask.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hmm you might need to think of something else to do that will bring you in some income.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.