Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

So, I am going through a Migration Agent, and they have uploaded all the documents and lodged the partner visa for my husband and I on the 5th March, 2018. I asked if I had a login and password, and they said, "No, we lodged through our account and there are too many clients in there and due to privacy reasons, we cannot give you the password, so you cannot see your file". I do have the letter from Dept of Immigration saying it was lodged.

But, if I need/want to upload anything to this partner visa, I cannot do it myself at all. And with regards to our recent refused tourist visa, I'm wondering if they are actually uploading all our documents, and doing it correctly. I have doubts that they may not be.

If I had of known this, I would have opened my own Immi account and started it myself, but I guess it's too late now.

Is this the usual case with MA's? That you can't see your own case/file?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hi,

So, I am going through a Migration Agent, and they have uploaded all the documents and lodged the partner visa for my husband and I on the 5th March, 2018. I asked if I had a login and password, and they said, "No, we lodged through our account and there are too many clients in there and due to privacy reasons, we cannot give you the password, so you cannot see your file". I do have the letter from Dept of Immigration saying it was lodged.

But, if I need/want to upload anything to this partner visa, I cannot do it myself at all. And with regards to our recent refused tourist visa, I'm wondering if they are actually uploading all our documents, and doing it correctly. I have doubts that they may not be.

If I had of known this, I would have opened my own Immi account and started it myself, but I guess it's too late now.

Is this the usual case with MA's? That you can't see your own case/file?

Thanks.
My cost agreement specifically disallows my clients from accessing their own file through ImmiAccount or to deal with the Department themselves. There are very sound reasons for this.

I would never give ANYONE access to my ImmiAccount. It's like giving some access to your bank account.

The idea of using a Migration Agent is that they do all the work for you, including uploading additional documentation. I absolutely would not want my clients to start adding evidence to the application on their own.

If you have no confidence that your Migration Agent knows what they are doing, why did you hire them ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My cost agreement specifically disallows my clients from accessing their own file through ImmiAccount or to deal with the Department themselves. There are very sound reasons for this.

I would never give ANYONE access to my ImmiAccount. It's like giving some access to your bank account.

The idea of using a Migration Agent is that they do all the work for you, including uploading additional documentation. I absolutely would not want my clients to start adding evidence to the application on their own.

If you have no confidence that your Migration Agent knows what they are doing, why did you hire them ?
Because when I found them I had no idea what I was really doing. The guy lured me in, and then he disappeared once I had paid all my fees. And I was then told he was new and hadn't told me the correct information. Too late after I had paid my fees to them.

So, if I wanted to change MA's, due to the fact they I believe they are dodgy. Do I lose that whole application that has been lodged (PV)? And then do I need to start a new application with a new MA, how could they access my files in Immi?

TIA

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

And there are SO many migration agents on the Internet. I had no idea who was good or bad, but they are MARA registered, that's all I knew.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Because when I found them I had no idea what I was really doing. The guy lured me in, and then he disappeared once I had paid all my fees. And I was then told he was new and hadn't told me the correct information. Too late after I had paid my fees to them.

So, if I wanted to change MA's, due to the fact they I believe they are dodgy. Do I lose that whole application that has been lodged (PV)? And then do I need to start a new application with a new MA, how could they access my files in Immi?

TIA
You can simply end their appointment by using form 956. The agent can then provide access to the application by "sharing" the application with another RMA or yourself.

While you will be able to see a list of documents attached, you won't be able to open any of them. You will be able to open the actual application form and any communication from the Department.

If the agent does not co-operate you probably need the assistance of the Department to get access to the application. It won't disappear, unless it is withdrawn.

What do you mean: 'the guy disappeared?". Where are they based?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can simply end their appointment by using form 956. The agent can then provide access to the application by "sharing" the application with another RMA or yourself.

While you will be able to see a list of documents attached, you won't be able to open any of them. You will be able to open the actual application form and any communication from the Department.

If the agent does not co-operate you probably need the assistance of the Department to get access to the application. It won't disappear, unless it is withdrawn.

What do you mean: 'the guy disappeared?". Where are they based?
Thanks for that information, I know that form. I will call them on Tuesday (as they sent me the rejection letter on Thursday) and being the long weekend, I have to wait til Tuesday to find out what went wrong.

They are based all over Australia and overseas.... The ones I am dealing with are based in Sydney. He was the case officer, he was the 'good talker' person they used to get people to sign up I guess. Then I was calling one day to speak with this guy, and they said, "Ahh he has left!" I said, "Sorry?" She said, "I'll be taking on your case. He was newish (green), so I am sorry about what he forgot to tell you (how long they take to process the PV - 4 weeks)". As I had submitted it 17th January and mid February I had no idea what was going on and was calling to see what was going on and getting the run around, never got phone calls back etc. nd that I was supposed to pay them out their fees before the 4 weeks had ended, which I wasn't told.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Thanks for that information, I know that form. I will call them on Tuesday (as they sent me the rejection letter on Thursday) and being the long weekend, I have to wait til Tuesday to find out what went wrong.

A partner visa rejected in less than a month ? Something is seriously wrong here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A partner visa rejected in less than a month ? Something is seriously wrong here.
The tourist visa this is for. It was lodged really late on Friday the 23rd April and rejected on Thursday 29th (well actually Wednesday the 28th in Jordan)...

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
The tourist visa this is for. It was lodged really late on Friday the 23rd April and rejected on Thursday 29th (well actually Wednesday the 28th in Jordan)...
Ok, for a tourist visa that's not unusual.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.