Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I have a doubt. One week ago I came back from Sydney, where I studied as an exchange student for 6 months. My student visa expired 6 days earlier than my scheduled flight to leave Australia. I was advised by the Australian Immigration Office to request a visitor visa in order to not become unlawful, so I submitted my application. They explained to me I would automatically be granted a bridging visa A that would cover my stay while my application was processed and until I left. I just received an email by the department of home affairs that notifies my application for a visitor visa was refused because I am not in Australia anymore. That is the logical outcome I expected, but I would like to know if this could be a problem if I ever want to go back to Australia for study, work, or holiday. The immigration office personnel told me that was the safest solution and I had all the best intentions. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
If you left on a BVA, I can’t see any problems with future visa applications, because of the tourist visa refusal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.