Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I'm a young French man, in Australia with a Working Holliday Visa for a bit more than three months now. I actually live at a couple friends' house that I met on internet, and who were the reason I went to this country in the first place.
And in the end, I find being here better than in my home country, to the point where I'd like to stay here permanently.
The only problem being: I'm not sure how to proceed for that. My usual area of work is not asked for, and I don't have any diplomas or training that would allow me to benefit from a "Skilled" Visa; I'm not even in a good region to be able to get a second year of WHV.

Hence the question: What other kind of options do I have that would allow me to stay in Australia?

Marry someone could be one, but I don't know if you need a certain amount of time living together for it to work, and I don't remember seeing anything in that regard on the immigration site. I'm also wondering if you get to stay on the Australian land until you get an answer for your Visa.
Creating a company could be another, but once again, I'm not sure about the different conditions. Do I need a starting capital for my buisness to be recognised, some years of experience? Do I need to apply for a certain area of work? Can I do it by myself without being affiliated to another company? Would crafting be a possibility?
I also heard from an Australian that some kind of sponsorship might be doable from a citizen. Is it really an option and if yes, how does it work?

I still need to dig for more information, but if someone can help me, or at least point me toward somewhere where I could find that kind of information, I'll be thankful.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Options seem low from your post, I would look at doing as required to get the second year WHV - things change over time such as finding love and skills demands others such as state requirements also change and give options.

A chat with a RMA will give you current options.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Hence the question: What other kind of options do I have that would allow me to stay in Australia?

Marry someone could be one, but I don't know if you need a certain amount of time living together for it to work, and I don't remember seeing anything in that regard on the immigration site. I'm also wondering if you get to stay on the Australian land until you get an answer for your Visa.
Proving a genuine relationship, ensuring that immigration do not think you did it just to get a visa, is the hard bit.

Most people prove ongoing relationship of 12 months or so, before application. Other than that, a migration agent may help in submitting an application with a better chance of success.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.