Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm having trouble with my immigration agent who I commission to help with my partner visa.

The immediate issue is that he doesn't answer his phone when I have an urgent question. He is also takes 3-4 days to reply to my emails on the same matter.

My partner visa is being processed as we speak and DIAC said we need more "proof of living together". Im shocked to find myself in this situation where I put faith in my agent that we provided everything needed before we even submitted the application but apparently we need more information.

My agent said this is common step and everything will be fine. He suggested I make my own stat dec and our parents provide a stat dec saying we lived together and there are various reasons why we dont have a joint bill in our name or join bank account.

Im really stressing here.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I suggest you read the partner migration booklet, to find out what kind of evidence you can provide and start getting those things together while you wait for the agent to get back to you.

here's a link for it.
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1127.pdf

I think evidence of living together can be receiving letters at the same address, stat decs from the people you lived with saying they know you lived together, stat dec from the landlord if only one of you was on the lease, the stat decs from you and your parents sound like a good idea too.

As for them asking for more evidence, it happens to alot of people. Just make sure you get it all ready in time and send it to the department.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply and help.

I have a CO assigned, how long do they give you to wait to get this extra info? Getting my landlord so sign a stat dec may take some time.

My agent mentioned we have 28 days, is this correct and/or common? To leave the CO waiting like this?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think 28 days is the standard amount of time they give you to get all that ready.

Of course if you have it sooner just send it straight away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.