Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to travel to Australia to spend time with my girlfriend. However I have been convicted of a couple of DUIs and the jail time equals out to 12 months, it was all suspended time with the exception of 60 days I did serve, but I know that doesn't matter. My question is should I go with an Immigration Lawyer to apply for my 676 Visa? I have heard that it might be best and I don't want to get denied if at all possible since I will not be able to re-apply for 676 if it is denied (that is what I understand by reading DIAC policies anyways). If so, how much does an immigration agent charge? I live in Colorado U.S. and I haven't really been able to find any cut and dry answers to this question and Google is not helping at all. Also, recommendations of agents would be greatly appreciated if I am better off using an agent. My girlfriend and I are just trying to spend time together in order for us to prove a committed relationship so we can apply for PMV or DeFacto Visa down the road.

Thanks in advance.

· Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Hi John
i woukld recomend contacting Mark Northam he is a mod on this forum and as a migrant agent he gives the up to date advice click on link below and send him a message and im sure he can help you.

http://www.australiaforum.com/members/marknortham.html
good luck
louiseb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.