Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
We with my wife planning to migrate to Australia. After i looked migration website I decided that the only one chance to migrate - as skilled worker. At the moment I'm getting bachelor in IT, but I don't have 2 year experience working in this profession. At the moment I can't find any job in Latvia (here is really bad situation), especially in IT. are there any ways to get visa? As i understand, no chance to migrate for me. May be I can get any advice how to make this situation better, because I will get bachelor degree only in next year, and as result - I have some time to make this situation better.

Regards,
Mihail

·
Registered
692 Posts
Australia is also going through a recession and it won't be any easier finding a job here with no experience.

I suggest finish your studies and perhaps in a year or so, the economy will hopefully have picked up.

Can't you move to another country in the EU to find work and get experience?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
As Mike says, it'd be a good idea to look at anywhere in the EU to get experience once you have qualified.

In addition to having 12 months experience as a mandatory requirement for immigration approval in the skilled independent stream when you have a look at the Skilled Occupation List [SOL] , at top of about second page after entering the skilled section on immi site you will want to locate your qualification category.

At rear of listings you will find web site for ACS, the qualifications assessing organisation and I think you will find the minimum years of experience they look for [with someone with IT qualifications] is four.

If you look through some past threads, you'll see that a lot of IT aspirants have either qualified in another field [requiring six years experience] or get an IT qualification and do something else which also makes it difficult re having experience in qualified field.

A lot of Australian IT work also goes off shore to cheaper labour market countries.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Australia is also going through a recession and it won't be any easier finding a job here with no experience.

I suggest finish your studies and perhaps in a year or so, the economy will hopefully have picked up.

Can't you move to another country in the EU to find work and get experience?
Thats is the question! As I understand, there is no matter from where migrate? I just scared to do some mistakes. Australia is some thing like final destination for me. But as I understand migration commission will check where I was lived and worked, and I think, that it will not be good, if in five years i will change five countries, isn't it?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
No, it will not matter if you have been living in different countries.
Certainly, an immigration application for PR requires that you advise on countries that you have been living in and if it has been over a year either in one hit or through multiple stays you need to provide a police clearance from those countries.

But Australians are fully aware of the EU situation and if someone had been moving to secure employment, then that is only to their credit.

The only other reason Australia collects countries of residence is that some countrries are classed as a higher risk for health and so depending on what countries you have been in, a higher level of medical examination may be required, just to check for mainly TB.

Australia has people from over 200 nationalities and so moving about a few in the EU is really nothing to be concerned about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.