Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am new to this forum, i am 30 yrs old, i want to migrated to Australia as an Accountant,
I have done my MBA in finance and been working for 2.5 years as Asst MAnager Fiance in a group of companies in Pakistan. receltly i attained my ielts bend 5.5 in reading,6 each in writing & speaking and 6.5 in listening.

Kindly guide me on that should i again take ielts for 7 each or should i send my document for varification during that i should make attemp.
Or what are the chances to get the +ve response or what step should be taken to make my case +ve.
pls help in this regards
thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Adnan. You will need to re sit your IELTS and get a minimum of 7 for all 4 components.

The IELTS results are not needed by the accounting assessing bodies so you could send your credentials for verification while you are waiting to re sit IELTS.

To obtain 10 points for work experience you must have a minimum of 3 years out of 4 years work history prior to making the application for migration.

You may want to consider meeting with someone from the British Council to give you some advice on how to increase your scores.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Dear Adnan;

As far as IELTS is concerned,I have improved my scores from 6.5 overall to 7.5 overall ,(9/Reading;7/Listening,Speaking;and 7.5/Writing) in second attempt.What i did was thorough study of Cambridge IELTS package.

British council do not provides IELTS coaching but AEO(AEO, Pakistan) do.Please contact AEO or some other Institute(depends on in which city you live).

I have also applied under Accountact category.

Thanks

Hassan

Pakistan

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Adnan, without seeing all the documents it would be hard to say. To be assessed as an accountant you are required to have a minimum of 12 core components, in your degree. These 12 core components are given in the NIA or ASCPA information. It would be necessary to compare your degree content against these components. You are also required to provide your complete degree syllabus from the University you obtained your degree from.

Australia have compiled country profiles that have researched each country's universities and compared them to the Australian equivalent. it would be necessary to see if the university you attended matches that of the Australian equivalent.

Regards Mary

·
Registered
55 Posts
Dear Adnan;

In continuance to the above guideline by Miss Mary,please visit the websites of NIA/ICAA/CPA Australia(Assessing Authorities) to find out their requirements.

Thanks.

Hassan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the guidance, please reply to my below question
where will i get to know about approved oveseas univesities for australian graduate?

Do Australia accept MBA for an accountant or i need to get ACCA or CPA?

How long assesment would be effective?i mean after successful assessment if i delay for couple of month so is there any time limits for my case must be registered?

As i am going to resit in ielts for altest 7bends each, for that period i am looking for an employer as well for sposorship, so is there any relevant website which have jobs for overseas professional or any specific recruitment agent avalable

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Thanks for the guidance, please reply to my below question
where will i get to know about approved oveseas univesities for australian graduate?

Do Australia accept MBA for an accountant or i need to get ACCA or CPA?

How long assesment would be effective?i mean after successful assessment if i delay for couple of month so is there any time limits for my case must be registered?

As i am going to resit in ielts for altest 7bends each, for that period i am looking for an employer as well for sposorship, so is there any relevant website which have jobs for overseas professional or any specific recruitment agent avalable
It is not so much about particular universities being approved but you need to have your qualifications assessed and that will be done by an assessment organisation looking at course content. Once you have an occupation assessment, there is not an expiry date unless specified by the organisation in making their assessment.

If you get a visa for Australia there are different levels of recognition in the accounting industry, CPA being one and quite a few accountants may do that but not all.

Seeking employers, you could look at web sites like seek.com.au and careerone.com.au.

On email addresses, it is something we do not want to see posters posting and you need to re- register without having an email address as ID.
I'll leave your thread for a week or until you acknowledge having read this and then I'll remove the thread and cancel the ID.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.