Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

I'm new to this forum so I apologize if this has already been asked. Can anyone recommend a good immigration lawyer in Melbourne, please?

I'm Australian and my partner is American and we are looking at moving back to Australia early next year. I'd love to have a lawyer who can help us understand our visa options (de factor, fiancee, spouse) and assist in applying for these.

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
You want a registered migration agent for that, not a lawyer. Though some may be both.

There's a sticky thread of recommended ones that frequent this site. I personally wouldn't use anyone else. Not all agents are created equal and they've proved their knowledge time and time again. Not to mention I've seen some outstanding reviews on them from other forum users.

http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/252474-registered-migration-agents.html

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much! I didn't realize it was a migration agent I needed! I really appreciate the advice and will check out the recommendations.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
It is not essential that the RMA (Registered Migration Agent) be in Melbourne, most communication is done via email and Skype.

But it is preferable that they are Australian based, I think that sticky has 6 that we recommend and they are all Australian based.

I would suggest you read a few of their posts and see the ones you might best work with to get some advice. There are also different services that some offer.

If your partner has a skill, that should also be considered as it can be faster and cheaper.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ampk, very helpful! My partner has an Associate's Degree (not a Bachelor) and currently works in retail so I don't think they would be classified as 'skilled' unfortunately. It's certainly proved much easier for me to move to the US (E3 visa) than him to Australia but home is where the heart is!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.