Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This situation is a mess but hopefully someone here can help me make sense of it and how to proceed.

My son is currently in jail waiting for his trial. He has a weapon possessions charge which is a felony. I don't think it will be dropped to a misdemeanor.

He can't get out on bail as he violated probation for a drink driving charge.

When it is all done he might have spent 6 months in jail, not prison and possibly have a felony charge.

How hard will it be for him to migrate over here to Australia?

Will he be able to get a student visa?

Will he be able to come and visit me even? He came for a visit when he was on probation for the drink driving charge and everything was fine.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Visa applications are only automatically rejected if someone has a conviction that means a sentence of 12 months or more.
They will obviously look at criminal history when any application is made and best thing is that he does not neglect to put the details into an application or on his arrivals card so if his data is consistent and he has been granted a visa he may be still questioned on arrival and just being clear and polite is the way to go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.