Australia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I lodged my citizenship application last year August and this year of January I received a fine for driving >10km/h over speed limit and received double demerits for it. I was actually sick and had to go home and thus was speeding.

I applied for a court review to see if the majistrate would show some leniency in terms of reducing the demerit point based on my medical condition. I also plan to plead guilty.

Now my question is, will this impact my citizenship applications? I have completed my test and interview and I told the interview official that I am contesting it in court and it happened after lodging the application. She just noted it down and didn't mention anything further.

Looking for some guidance. Should I withdraw my court review and send an email to advise I will go ahead with paying the fine? Or should I leave it as is?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Application approved same day.
LOL
Quite the emotional roller-coaster you gone through!

Congrats!

I was actually sick and had to go home and thus was speeding.
oh god, that excuse is the worst.
You were sick so you thought driving sick - faster than normal was the better way to go? so you, an impaired human, who may be dazed due to their sickness, drive faster than was deemed "safe"?

Don't use that excuse! :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts