Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is waiting for her 309 Partner visa application. We submitted the application through a registered migration agent but we are now looking to fire him as he almost never responds to our emails/phone calls.

If we do that, how can we get access to the immi application? We still need to schedule medicals and provide further documents etc. Is there a way for us to be able to do that after the current agent is fired? The current agent won't share their immi account details with us.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
My wife is waiting for her 309 Partner visa application. We submitted the application through a registered migration agent but we are now looking to fire him as he almost never responds to our emails/phone calls.

If we do that, how can we get access to the immi application? We still need to schedule medicals and provide further documents etc. Is there a way for us to be able to do that after the current agent is fired? The current agent won't share their immi account details with us.

Thanks.
No registered migration agent will share his immiAccount with his clients, but he can share the actual application with you by entering your ImmiAccount details.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No registered migration agent will share his immiAccount with his clients, but he can share the actual application with you by entering your ImmiAccount details.
That's good to know, thanks Nick. Considering my current agent is quite unresponsive, condescending and hostile at times, I don't think they will share the application with me. Do we have any other options if we decide to withdraw the agent altogether? I'm afraid our immi application might get lost in ether in that case. I'm also not sure if he's been uploading the documents we've been sending him - so it's really important for us to get hold of the online application.

Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
That's good to know, thanks Nick. Considering my current agent is quite unresponsive, condescending and hostile at times, I don't think they will share the application with me. Do we have any other options if we decide to withdraw the agent altogether? I'm afraid our immi application might get lost in ether in that case. I'm also not sure if he's been uploading the documents we've been sending him - so it's really important for us to get hold of the online application.

Thanks for your help.
If they are a registered migration agents, they have to abide by the Code of Conduct and give you access to your files, if you decide to end the appointment with them.

I will not share the online application with my clients as long as I am their agent, but if they decide to change agents, I have no problem sharing the application with the new agent or with the client themselves.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nick, I'd be highly indebted if you could answer another question please.

My agent finally woke up from his slumber and forwarded me an email he got from the Islamabad High Commission requesting additional documents. My agent did admit to forgetting to upload some of the documents I had provided to him in the past. Now I have emailed the requested documents to him to upload to my visa application. Can I also email these documents to the Islamabad High Commission, just to be sure my agent doesn't screw up again?
Do you think it could annoy the High Commission on: 1) getting email attachments 2) getting communication from the applicant directly instead of the nominated agent?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Before I lodge I send clients drafts of their applications to review and if changes were needed I send them the final version after I have lodged. If a client chooses to import an application into another account, and I find out about it, I cease to act.

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
Nick, I'd be highly indebted if you could answer another question please.

My agent finally woke up from his slumber and forwarded me an email he got from the Islamabad High Commission requesting additional documents. My agent did admit to forgetting to upload some of the documents I had provided to him in the past. Now I have emailed the requested documents to him to upload to my visa application. Can I also email these documents to the Islamabad High Commission, just to be sure my agent doesn't screw up again?
Do you think it could annoy the High Commission on: 1) getting email attachments 2) getting communication from the applicant directly instead of the nominated agent?

Thanks for your help.
I don't know why people continue to use those useless overseas 'agents".

Yes, you can contact the Department directly. No, they don't like getting email attachments.

My representation agreement does not allow my clients to access their application through ImmiAccount or to contact the Department directly, so you should check your agent contract.

I wouldn't worry if it it annoys the AHC. Who cares. They are there to do a job.

If you are not happy with the agent, get rid of them, take over the application yourself or engage another agent.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Because the minister allocates an ID number to unregistered offshore agents and they advertise heavily that they are 'approved' by Australian immigration, or words to that effect.

Unregistered overseas agents can repeatedly bungle applications and face no consequences and are not bound by a Code of Conduct.

Unregistered overseas agents do not have to pay annual registration, continuing professional development, professional indemnity insurance, professional library and so on. With this they can undercut the fees of a RMA, but often charge more.

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
Because the minister allocates an ID number to unregistered offshore agents and they advertise heavily that they are 'approved' by Australian immigration, or words to that effect.

Unregistered overseas agents can repeatedly bungle applications and face no consequences and are not bound by a Code of Conduct.

Unregistered overseas agents do not have to pay annual registration, continuing professional development, professional indemnity insurance, professional library and so on. With this they can undercut the fees of a RMA, but often charge more.
I recently took over an application from one of those overseas based amateurs. Riddled with mistakes, using out dated forms, got clients to pre-sign the forms, then filled them out incorrectly, the list goes on. Very expensive as well.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
I know of one unregistered agent who knowingly lodged forged documents, admitted doing so, and was allowed to continue lodging applications, many of which lead to visa refusals and not all the unregistered agents who lodge applications are offshore.

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
I know of one unregistered agent who knowingly lodged forged documents, admitted doing so, and was allowed to continue lodging applications, many of which lead to visa refusals and not all the unregistered agents who lodge applications are offshore.
I know of offshore agents, affiliated with registered agents in Australia, who gladly produce fake employment references to support tourist visa applications. They charge extra for it as well. The applications are routinely refused and they simply con the client into doing another one...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Yes, you can contact the Department directly. No, they don't like getting email attachments.

My representation agreement does not allow my clients to access their application through ImmiAccount or to contact the Department directly, so you should check your agent contract.

I wouldn't worry if it it annoys the AHC. Who cares. They are there to do a job.

If you are not happy with the agent, get rid of them, take over the application yourself or engage another agent.
The trouble is my agent is not some shady agent in Pakistan who can barely read and write English. My agent is a very well known Immigration Lawyer based in Sydney. If I mention his name here, you will instantly recognise him. I especially flew from Perth to Sydney for our initial consultation as he refused to do that over Skype. I'm paying him top dollar for his service and this is what he gives me in return. I guess he's got too much business to care about losing any individual customer or even bad press for that matter.

There is a lot riding on my wife's visa application so I don't want to get into another complication at this stage. I'll see after her visa grant if I should register a complaint against him with MARA.

Anyway, thank you very much for your help again.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Andy I also have same prb with my solictor. He is registered mara agent.he is aussie guy .I logged my offshore partner visa application with him 2016 .He is very greedy person not give us any information or update my application.
When we asked him for any advice he always send us agreement details nd want us to pay for extra.im also sick of his service nd not happy with him.
He also not provide us immi account or password.im scared he not fuck my application because he not give us any information about my application. Very gready solictor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.