Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

On 10 December 2018 the Family Violence Bill passed in Senate. The Bill will likely mean sponsorships have to be approved before Partner visas can be lodged. i found the news here

i'm not sure how that will affect my case.

i'm holding 309, i live outside Australia with my wife "partner" and already submitted my "Stage 2 - Permanent Partner Visa Assessment (100)" on 16-Dec 2018 like a week ago and now i'm uploading supporting documents ..etc.

will the new change affect my stage 2 application that i already submitted?

any thoughts ?

·
Registered
267 Posts
As they said ...

It has not yet been confirmed when the new law will take effect. Partner visa applications lodged until the changes come into effect will be assessed under the current partner visa application requirements.
It's best to complete the upload of documents and all other information so that the application is completed before the effective date of the new law.

So unless the law has a retroactive effect, then your application shouldn't be affected anymore.

If "better late than never" is a good thing, perhaps you should go for "better early than late."

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You will not be affected.
Thank you wrussell, one last question if you don't mind:
I uploaded almost all the required supporting documents for my stage 2 (100) application online, but i still didn't do the AFP for me and my wife.
.. Do i have to wait for the CO to request it or should i do it now ? looking at the estimated processing time (18-29 months)!!

Your thoughts are highly appreciated.

Thanks
Regards,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.