Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

So, I currently live at home, but I am of age. I do not want my family to know I am applying for a prospective marriage visa (abusive/controlling environment). Do I have to include them in my application? I'd really rather not.

·
Banned
252 Posts
Hello,

So, I currently live at home, but I am of age. I do not want my family to know I am applying for a prospective marriage visa (abusive/controlling environment). Do I have to include them in my application? I'd really rather not.
Yes you must include them, though it is unlikely they will ever be contacted, so they won't necessarily know of your intentions.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Some of the requirements stated they may have to undergo health checks as well. Is this rare?
A health check was requested of my non migrating child. As I had reasonable grounds for being unable to provide this I supplied immigration with a stat dec as to why and the case officer let it go.

"May" being the key word, cross the bridge when and if you come to it.

·
Banned
252 Posts
A health check was requested of my non migrating child. As I had reasonable grounds for being unable to provide this I supplied immigration with a stat dec as to why and the case officer let it go.

Interesting, I have noticed that there is a note in the details of my (as of now) non-migrating child stating they will require a health check, though this has not been requested via email from a case officer. Hence my query in the other thread regarding adding my child. If I have to pay for a health check anyways, then I might as well add them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thank you all, it's just such a lengthy and scary process. I want this enough to do anything for it, but it's still scary

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hello,

Yes, you have to include them but it's unlikely they would be contacted.

Unless they are financially or otherwise dependent on you, I imagine you would include them as immediate family, rather than in the non-migrating members of the family unit. Therefore if they are not included in the non-migrating family section, they would not be asked to do the medical exams.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, you have to include them but it's unlikely they would be contacted.

Unless they are financially or otherwise dependent on you, I imagine you would include them as immediate family, rather than in the non-migrating members of the family unit. Therefore if they are not included in the non-migrating family section, they would not be asked to do the medical exams.
Does it matter if I'm a Dependant of them?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.