Australia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am Australian citizen and came to India six months back for wife delivery
Immigration requested me to submit Indian PCC to finalize my wife 309/100 partner Visa

I have posted my PCC application to VFS perth and this process went for last 3 Months
today VFS/Consulate General advise that they can not issue Indian PCC since am outside of Australia

can I request waiver for PCC submission? is anyone have information to get indian PCC?

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
I have posted my PCC application to VFS perth and this process went for last 3 Months
today VFS/Consulate General advise that they can not issue Indian PCC since am outside of Australia

can I request waiver for PCC submission? is anyone have information to get indian PCC?
Assuming you are now in India, is it possible to get it locally, rather than going through the embassy?

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
Police check - India
Relevant document
'Police Clearance Certificate'.
Citizens resident
You can apply in person to the Regional Passport Office.
Apply online at http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/pccOnlineApp
Visit the Regional Passport Office as per the appointment provided online.
Non-citizens resident
Apply in person to the Foreigners Registration Office (FRRO) of your state of residence in India. If your cumulative stay has been less than six months, you will only be able obtain a police certificate if you have registered with the FRRO.
If you have stayed for cumulative periods (less than 6 months) in India, you may not have registered, and will not be able to obtain a clearance.
Citizens not resident
Apply to the nearest Indian High Commission, Consulate or Embassy in your country of residence.
Further information is available at Government of India Passport Seva website of the Ministry of External Affairs.
Non-citizens not resident
If you are applying in Australia, visit VFS Global website.
If you are in another country, apply in writing to the nearest Indian High Commission or Embassy in your country of residence.
Documents required
• length of stay in India
• address in India
• personal particular
• the reason for enquiring the certificate
The Indian Government website provide checklists of documents needed in order to obtain a police certificate.
Fee
Applicable. Payment is non-refundable once the application is processed.
Street address:
2443, Basement, Hudson Line
Kingsway Camp, Delhi - 110009
Phone:+91 1145152301 or +91 9599313306

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Status update
I applied Indian PCC in FRRO website
Steps to be followed
Register in FRRO website and application to be submitted online with all supporting documents (FRRO request additional/ missing documents via email/message)
once applied online, please visit nearest FRRO office and get letter from FRRO officer which states reason for PCC
using that letter, paper application needs to be submitted in your area police commissioner office for police verification
once police verification is completed, commissioner office will issue letter (physical present required for collection and wont courier it) and same to be submitted in FRRO website
FRRO will issue Indian PCC

·
Registered
2 Posts
Police check - India
Relevant document
Citizens resident
Apply online at How to Apply for Passport | Steps for applying Passport Application
Non-citizens resident
Apply in person to the Foreigners Registration Office (FRRO) of your state of residence in India. If your cumulative stay has been less than six months, you will only be able obtain a police certificate if you have registered with the FRRO.
If you have stayed for cumulative periods (less than 6 months) in India, you may not have registered, and will not be able to obtain a clearance.
Citizens not resident
Apply to the nearest Indian High Commission, Consulate or Embassy in your country of residence.
Further information is available at Government of India Passport Seva website of the Ministry of External Affairs.
If you are in another country, apply in writing to the nearest Indian High Commission or Embassy in your country of residence.
Documents required
• address in India
• personal particular
The Indian Government website provide checklists of documents needed in order to obtain a police certificate.
Fee
Street address:
Hi

·
Registered
2 Posts
Police check - India
Relevant document
Citizens resident
Apply online at How to Apply for Passport | Steps for applying Passport Application
Non-citizens resident
Citizens not resident
Documents required
• address in India
• personal particular
Fee
Street address:
Hi @wrussell - I am an Aussie Citizen (but Indian origin) and need to apply for Indian PCC for Australia for my fiance's visa application.
I should be referring to the Foreign National section of the checklist and NOT fill in the online form I believe?
Also, in personal particulars, should I give both permanent and present address as my address in Sydney with 2 references in my locality in Sydney? Is that correct? Do I need to give my permanent address of India?
I am also an OCI holder and last visited India in 2019 on my OCI card. Appreciate your help.

Regards
Rajdeep Roy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts