Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there
My wife and I have successfully had our prospective marriage certificate granted on 1/8/2017 and got married on 24/2/2018 and lodged our 820 partner visa on 5/4/2018.

The case officer has contacted me (sponsor) to request for an Indonesian police certificate. They have acknowledged my previously shown police certificates from Australia and Canada, however I have spent a lot of time in Indonesia within the last 10 years on holiday as I was working in WA in the mining industry and was going to Indonesia every 2 weeks for my 1 week off from work and also every holiday I've had I have flown to Indonesia because I love the place ( my wife is not Indonesian )

anyways........... long story short !

Its giving me a massive headache just trying to find information on how to obtain the certificate.....
Have been trying to call the Canberra embassy. Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Darwin consulates for the last few days non-stop trying to get in touch with them but to no avail - no one answers the phone and no one replies to my voicemail messages left on their answering machines...
a couple of days ago I did receive a reply to an email though that I should contact the 'Bagian Kegiatan Masyarakat Mabes Polri' which is located in Jakarta. Ive emailed them and not received an answer.

Ive also read on the Australian government home affairs website and also read in other forum threads that the Indonesian Immigration only gives out police clearances to people to have held a working visa and will not give out a police certificate to 'tourists'.. the home affairs website notes this - "tourists are not normally registered with Indonesian police and may not be able to obtain a clearance."

Has anyone had a similar dilemma and/or have had to go through the same process and can help me out with some relevant information regarding this....

Much appreciated in advance...!
Thanks !!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had the same experience in China . I have been in china on visitor visa and family visa for short periods ,also I worked in China for 2 years , they issued a police Clarence only the period that I've been working in china. not covering visitor and family visas , Then my Processing officer requested me to get a statuary declaration as well as a statement of explaining the situation.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Visasupport/Documents/character-statutory-declaration.pdf

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies.!
So what do you suggest I do then ?
in the email from the case officer they said that I was outside Australia for a total of 1420 days in the last 10 years and that I needed to show police certificates for "countries unknown"...
The only country that this would include would be Indonesia for me.
I contacted a few law firms in Indonesia to ask about this and received 2 replies stating that you can only get a police certificate from Indo if you have lived there on a work visa (KITAS/KITAP)

So what should I do then ? email the case officer and let them know in my words that I can't get one from Indonesia...? ( I hope this will do )

I want to try and get an email from the relevant authority in Indo so I could show it to the case officer but I just can't get a hold of anyone. no one picks up the phone in any offices and no emails have been returned..

thanks again

·
Registered
85 Posts
My processing officer asked me to write a statement explaining how many attempts I have have tried to obtain a police Clarence certificate also I had to submit the Statutory declaration as well.
I think You can write a statement explaining that you are unable to obtain a Indonesian police Clarence report , and wait for the waiver from your Case officer,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.