Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im officially confused stressed and got greyer!
any help please
this is my run down
i have met my partner 2 years ago, i am australian citizen she is Thai - no smart comments please.
i am 47 she is 44 , i have been back visiting her 4 times over the 2 years at 3 month stays, she has been here also for 3 months
now she is back in thailand and we wish to marry ,
NOW MY DRAMA BEGINS!!
my question is- i want her to come live in australia, as she does as well,
i am so confused - should i just get a tourist visa and than apply for 820 when she arrives , or if i apply for the 309 how long before she can fly to australia so we can be together!
is it better to marry in thailand or australia ?
someone must know of a easy to get this done so we can be together asap,
im worried about applying for a 309 and she cant travel to australia straight away , what is best option so we can be togther now

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
No visa aplication is going to get you together ASAP.

A tourist visa may come with a no further stay condition. If it doesn't then apply 820 and she can stay onshore.

A 309 can take a while, however there's nothing preventing a tourist aplication at the same time and coming in on that whilst waiting for the 309 to be processed.

If you are intending to get married then a PMV would do the same thing as a 309 and end up coding you more so it won't really help in your circumstances (assuming you have enough evidence for a 309/820 application.

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
First up I don't think I have seen a smart arse comment on here in relation to any Thai citizen or any other citizen from another country. So you should not worry there.

The key to the best visa, is your current relationship evidence in the 5 categories.

As above an onshore application will require a visa without the "No Further Stay" condition on it. Did her last visa have it?

Has your relationship been made known by immigration in last Visitor Visa application? If snot how long ago was that application?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes last tourist visa 3 month did have - no further stay and gov was aware we are in relationship - which i assumed they put that there due to first time she ever left thailand ,,, last visit from her to australia was october last year and i returned to thailand with her after that , only coming back myself to oz on christmas day

also i was hesitant to state due to recent expierence with forums but after hearing from you i feel a tad safer to state,
whether or not this will effect visa or what way we go i dont know so ill explain and maybe you have a suggestion,,
there is also a 3 year old child, not mine as father passed away- yes we have death certificate but i have known since birth , the child has thai and swiss passport ,
would this make a difference on how we do things, ?
its a long shot but ill ask

yes we have enough evidence for 820 , , length of time together, regular stays , photos, skype, line, and daily calls usually 3 or 4 times a day lasting 1 to 3 hours LMFAO , yes true 3 hours ,, joint accounts , tho i rarely send money as she never asked and has enough anyway to be very happy as was business owner , family friends have statements which attain to our lasting relationship ,

i wish to return within a few weeks, not sure to marry there or oz, whatever be in our favor i suppose,
just want my partner and boy with me, as do they, the child misses me as one could expect, yes we sound mushy but its been like that since we met,
come down to it she probably supports finicaially me more than i do her LOL

yes i wrote no smart comments as i have been on other sites and coped flak over thai relationship, and as you could expect was weary after recent remarks from other sites, and good to know this aint one of them

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
Ok I need to take in a bit here (it has been a while since I did this and don't like the new Immi site much - to refresh my memory)

You certainly have a bit of an idea on process and problems, and that's good.

There are a number of very good posters on this forum and a number of excellent Registered Migration Agents that post on here often - as in almost daily.

* I am thinking is it worth a Visitor Visa application in hope of a No Further Stay not being included and is the Swiss passport of the child going to be of any benefit.

So let me think and get back to you in a short time.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I've only seen a small handful from Thailand not get the 8503 attached so will likely need to be offshore.
just a heads up even if she is here on a visitor visa while waiting. must official Thai docs need to be obtained in person, so would probably be handy to get the birth certificates and all that for both started, doesn't take long or much just a pain when you are used to everything for us being online.

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
On her last visit to Australia did she bring the child?

FYI we had to leave a child behind to get a Visitor Visa approved, for my then Ukrainian partner and one of her two children.

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
Mania ,I am thinking a Visitor Visa with a detail of the child left behind and business assets can draw a "No Further Stay" not attached more possible.

She can then apply for a BVB to collect the child or they can come another way - the child has a eta visa - but needs to meet GTE requirements.

All a bit complicated and I am still thinking on this - obviously I would run the final decision past a good RMA.

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
ok im officially confused stressed and got greyer!
any help please
this is my run down
i have met my partner 2 years ago, i am australian citizen she is Thai - no smart comments please.
i am 47 she is 44 , i have been back visiting her 4 times over the 2 years at 3 month stays, she has been here also for 3 months
now she is back in thailand and we wish to marry ,
NOW MY DRAMA BEGINS!!
my question is- i want her to come live in australia, as she does as well,
i am so confused - should i just get a tourist visa and than apply for 820 when she arrives , or if i apply for the 309 how long before she can fly to australia so we can be together!
is it better to marry in thailand or australia ?
someone must know of a easy to get this done so we can be together asap,
im worried about applying for a 309 and she cant travel to australia straight away , what is best option so we can be togther now
It would depend on the amount and quality of your relationship evidence and the extent to which you have combined your affairs, if a prospective marriage visa or a sc. 309/100 visa will be the best pathway.

As any tourist visa is likely to come with "no further stay", sc. 820 does not seem a realistic option.

So get used to the idea of having to apply offshore, with short visits on a tourist visa during processing.

When there is not much in the way of co-habitation and a joint household, I prefer the prospective marriage visa, provided you are both free to marry.

Don't rush into getting married, as that will rule out the prospective marriage visa.Just keep in mind that de-facto/married visas require a much higher level of relationship evidence. Marriage by itself carries little weight without good supporting relationship evidence.

If by chance your partner gets a tourist visa without 'no further stay" condition, you can review your options.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.