Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
I’ve applied for a PMV in February 2018, and would now like to apply for a visitor visa (600).
My reason for travelling to Australia is to meet my fiance’s family and friends, visit my own extended family in Australia and tour the country as much as possible, and maybe squeeze in a trip or two to Fiji and Thailand if my fiancé is able to get leave. Basically an extended holiday.

We’ve collected all our documents to apply for the visitor visa, but I’ve been informed I need to let my PMV case officer know that I’ll be applying for a visitor visa. How do I do this since I haven’t been contacted by a CO so I do not have access to an email address? Should I just call my consulate and let them know or upload a separate document to my PMV application?

Also, I’m slightly confused as to where I should upload a cover letter for my visitor visa which will explain the circumstances. None of the categories under which I can upload documents really caters to a cover letter.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Get the visa granted.

Once you have the visitor visa upload a note to your application with an itinerary of when you will be offshore. That way if your onshore when they are ready to grant then they can ask you to leave.

There's no reason I'm aware of to need to inform the case officer your applying for another type of visa.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Get the visa granted.

Once you have the visitor visa upload a note to your application with an itinerary of when you will be offshore. That way if your onshore when they are ready to grant then they can ask you to leave.

There's no reason I'm aware of to need to inform the case officer your applying for another type of visa.
Thank you !

·
Registered
50 Posts
Get the visa granted.

Thank you !
How did you go with this one? Thinking about doing the same

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi

I also have a quick question about the 600 visitor visa too (for 6 months).

I am hoping to go and visit my partner while I wait for a decision on my 309 visa application (submitted April 2018). I'm from the UK so I am eligible for the eVisitor, however it makes more sense to just pay for the 600 visa as this works out cheaper and more convenient than flying offshore and back again to reset the 3 months.

When I look on the home affairs website it says I have to provide evidence of sufficient funds for my trip, however on the documents section of the application it only asks for travel documents (i.e. passport) and Exceptional reasons for extended stay in Australia as a Visitor (beyond 12 months), which is not relevant to my situation. There is nowhere to upload bank statements or payslips...

Does anyone have any experience of this? Do I still need to upload proof of funds?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Faye

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.