Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)Good Day All,:)

I got my Independent Skilled worker visa (subclass 175) on 18th March 2013. I made my initial entry on September. I spent 10 days in Melbourne and returned back home. My plan is to settle permanently in Australia next year. I will find a job and an accommodation and I'll move with my family to Australia.

My question is, is my initial entry date considered as arrival date? or the arrival date will be the date when I reach Australia and settle there. I am asking this because many things can be done much easier shortly after the arrival date such as opening a Bank account or converting the driving license.

Your support guys will be highly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
8,885 Posts
Your initial entry date would have been your arrival date for purposes of bank accounts, license, etc. That's all stuff that it would have been ideal for you to do in Aus while you were here in September, unfortunately.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you CollegeGirl for your reply. I hope I knew this information then. I have read "Beginning Life in Australia" booklet recently and found out this information. I hope I won't face difficult times when I settle in Australia.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.