Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received an email from Immi asking me to provide a Health Examination. I lodged my Partner Visa application onshore and I'm wondering if I'm allowed to do my health examination outside of Australia? The reason being is I will return to my home country in 2 weeks time to visit my family and might as well have my health examination conducted in the panel physician there. As compared, the fee is cheaper too!

Any idea about this or I must have my health examination done in Australia?

Hope someone that had the same experience before can share your thoughts.

Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
If the DIBP has requested you complete your health checks I would say its better to do it onshore as soon as you can, as you only have a certain amount of days to do it, if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
28 days to submit or prove you are in the process of acquiring.

You can do the medical on or offshore.

Best to contact your panel physician in Malaysia and make sure they can fit you in during the time you're there, better to do it sooner rather than later (i.e., the beginning of your stay there).

Also make sure you have a BVB if you're currently on a BVA.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the DIBP has requested you complete your health checks I would say its better to do it onshore as soon as you can, as you only have a certain amount of days to do it, if I remember correctly.
That's exactly what I thought too when I saw the email wanting to settle this ASAP but kind of indecisive after knowing that I'll be going back to Malaysia soon and the health check cost will be three times cheaper there. :confused:

Thanks for your feedback!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
28 days to submit or prove you are in the process of acquiring.

You can do the medical on or offshore.

Best to contact your panel physician in Malaysia and make sure they can fit you in during the time you're there, better to do it sooner rather than later (i.e., the beginning of your stay there).

Also make sure you have a BVB if you're currently on a BVA.
Thanks for your comment. That meant a lot to me. Yes, I've applied recently and already granted with BVB. To be honest, I never expect the Immi will ask for my health check this fast as I have just submitted my application early last month. They also requested for my husband's Malaysia police check certificate but it was dated 12th July 2016, do you think I need to get a new one?

·
Registered
30 Posts
As someone who just went through this I would recommend doing it here. The staff were telling me they had to log into the gov website and upload the results in real time as they were doing it. So you have to wait a few minutes between each test for them to get results. Exception being the blood test at the end. So for simplicity I would recommend doing it here, then you know the information is getting up there as soon as possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.