Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people,
Here's my story, thanks in advance for your valuable time.

I applied on Feb/09 for permanent residency (subclass 175) without any agency. Nowadays I feel like it'd be better, however it's very late for a delicately selected agency.

I am a Civil Engineer, which is both in the CSL and MODL.
I was working in Sydney during application, then I lost my job due to the global economical crisis and moved back to Turkey. (Indeed I received some job offers, and even acceptances in Sydney but no one accepted to undertake sponsorship for 457 during the global storm)

I was considering that Turkish construction companies are among the best, and the promising experience within these companies during my PR process would be valuable. However, all the market around Russian and Gulf region was terminated, and my only alternatives were Afghanistan and North Africa. (I should also add that there's mandatory 1 year military service in Turkey and I had to work abroad for at least 3 years to reduce this service to 1 month according to the regulations). Soon after I got a job offer from North Africa, and I moved there on June/09.

Then I received the good news. On Sep/09 my CO was allocated. I finalised the requested additional documents within 1 month and started for the long wait. Every month I inquired electronically regarding the status of my application, and every month I have been appreciated for my patience.

At the end of Mar/10 I received a clarification request for my form 80, and I promptly ammended the typo errors occured during my latest update on Sep/09.

On Jul/10 I finally lost my patience and complained officially to my CO via an e-mail. Feedback returned soon mentioning that my application was undergoing routine processing and it's difficult to say exactly how long the check will take as there are many variables. Once the routine checks have been completed, it would be available to continue processing and I would be informed immediately for the final decision.

I am still in North Africa, and hopefully I will complete my 3 years working abroad on this July.
Last week, during the celebration of my 2nd year of wait, I issued another e-inquiry and again responded via appreciatiton for my patience.

All in all;
these days I would like call my CO team to clarify any queries possibly in mind, such as why I am living in North Africa, why I left Sydney and anyhting else requested.
However, I suspect if this is a good idea like "a ditch in time", or as the"Wanderer" usually says if this would make things worse or at least take more time.

Sorry for taking so much time, but recapitulating my story here really relieved me even now.
I am desperately looking forward to your advices and comments regarding the case abovementioned.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,467 Posts
One of the problems VP with ringing Immi/your CO re the delay your are experiencing is that it would seem the delay you are experiencing is outside of their control as the Form 80 usually implies a check being made by ASIO, not because you are suspected of being a terrorist or anything but that it is just the way for nationals of what are considered HR countries and particularly from the middle east and adjacent regions.

I do not know whether the typos would have caused any further delay but unfortunately owing to current government policy, it is making Australia a very attractive destination for people smugglers and the thousands arriving annually for the past couple of years has greatly overloaded ASIO resources and thus Immi cannot do anything about that for it is very unlikely that the Immi minister is going to be listening too much to his department re having the government change policy and indeed if anything they are headed in the other direction.

If you like, I will use your story to send an article to some media personnel for that is the only way that pressure can be added to the government to change policy.
That said, the delay for you is very great and perhaps you should send an email to the Global Feedback Unit, details under Contact.
Just stick with the timeline and details on your wait and not so much about needing to leave Sydney for that is just how the regulations are re sponsorship, but you should mention it for it does show that you have already been working successfully in Australia.

EDIT:
You may have heard of a lot of flooding and cyclone damage along the eastern coast of Australia in recent weeks and we're not far into the wet season and cyclone period, a great deal of infrastructure work to be needed and moves to streamline 457s, an article on the site.
If you feel like perhaps considering another in the interim, have you considered contacting your former employer or other contacts?
I am going to make some enquiries re work involved with the infrastructure damage myself and so if you want to PM some brief details re the work you have previously done here and I assume you have been assessed by EA, feel free to do so and if I get any leads for possible work for you, I'll let you know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wanderer,
Thank you so much for your help.

To feel better, sometimes I'm dreaming of all these issues are finalised and I'm back in Sydney with a warm welcome party of my friends there, drinking Turkish Raki ( a hard drink with 45% alcohol) and cheering up :rolleyes:.
If I can really see this party one day, I'd be more than happy to clink my glass with yours.

According to your suggestion I will not ring my CO, this is done.
I wasn't aware of ASIO's involvement, but it overlaps with the respond e-mails issued by my CO.

In Sydney we completed a big shopping center refurbisment project as the main contractor. I was working as an engineering cadet, and was good at it thus my company renewed my contract with a slight increase in my salary. But refurbishment jobs affected hardly, and our tender offers for several new projects did not succeed. It was the common story as you know.
Now I got more in my pocket with my new company.
Serving one and a half year now I'm sitting in a managerial chair, with a considerably better salary. However, working hours & conditions are bloody awful.

Another story is, I have a fiance of which I could not report yet to my CO, since we could not spend more than 1 year to be a "de facto". I'm intending to contact with an agency to resolve this one.

Anyhow, I reckon I'll start with a Global Feedback Unit e-mail.
I've been told this wait should finish utmost by 12/11 as per the new regulations. If it extends to something like June or July 11, I might contact with an agency for my fiance's situ and my legal rights for the long wait.

Thank you very much again Wanderer. It' a valuable support.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,467 Posts
Re your fiance, if you will not be able to meet the one year relationship requirement, it'll be either if you are married before you get your visa, have her added as a secondary applicant.
Alternately, if you are not married before your visa is granted and you have not been living together for 12 months and have evidence, then it will mean that it'll be best for her to apply for the Prospective Marriage Visa.
That is relatively straightforward and even if your fiance applies for that but you wish to get married with families in Turkey, you can do that and then notify Immi and your application will be considered as a partner visa.
All the details are on the Immi site under migrant/family and select the appropriate option and probably better to do the PMV as a prelude to the partner visa rather than get married and apply for a partner visa straight off.
But no need to use an agent and some can just create difficulties or slow things down because they become another step in the process.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top