Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

International Travel Exemption - Statutory Declaration (3months)

6K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  MJDP 
#1 ·
Hi All,
I have Australian PR and managed to secure a travel exemption based on compassionate grounds "seriously ill close family member". At the time of my travel, intention was to stay for 3+ months outside Australia and based on that i signed statuary declaration.
With the grace of God, my parents have recovered sooner than we anticipated and now i am planning to come back to Australia. My total stay outside Australia will be 30 to 35 days.
I will pay for my own ticket and hotel quarantine.
Anybody got experience of such a situation or can guide me as i dont want to have issues when i land back in Australia due to statutory declaration.
Thank you in advance.

#2 ·
I think it’s not gonna be a problem, try to read Australia smart travel website? Maybe you can make another statutory declaration again?
you have to register first before come in to Australia and make sure you have negative Covid swab at least 3 days before your flight.

#3 ·
I think it’s not gonna be a problem, try to read Australia smart travel website? Maybe you can make another statutory declaration again?
you have to register first before come in to Australia and make sure you have negative Covid swab at least 3 days before your flight.
Thank you for your comment. Hardly anything available online on this and Home Affairs call centre is not able to share much information.
I am not sure what to do :(

#12 ·
Writing refers to either typewritten or handwritten. 99% (I guess) of us, will type it these days, but on a computer (or similar), not a typewriter ;)

#13 ·
Thank you.
advised pleased,mypartner granted a subclass 300 visa and needed to apply for exemption.First application ABF is not satisfied. Needed more evidence to show to them genuine and on going relationship including documented that can verify the length of relationship? What documents please i can provide and prepare to show australian border force? Tricky since his visa condition states that he is not to enter into marraige Ang de facto relationship before entering Australia.
Any similar situation to me? I would be very happy to have an advised for me please .

#14 ·
Tricky since his visa condition states that he is not to enter into marraige Ang de facto relationship before entering Australia.
I think they mean with anyone else other than the sponsor.

If the applicant marries the sponsor they switch to the Partner visa 309.

A 300 applicant can be in a defacto relationship with the sponsor. Pretty sure it helps.

Very few 300s seem to get the travel ban exemption. It is difficult proving a marriage like relationship for most. But, a few have managed.

#16 ·
As far as I am aware a De Facto relationship is just a state of relationship, it does not need registration.

I was in a De Facto, but never even considered trying to register anything.

For a 300 visa, registering a relationship would seem pointless, as you need to marry.

A De Facto relationship is one that is like marriage but not registered as such.

#19 ·
It might depend on the country you fly from, as it is a temporary visa, and some countries require you to have a return ticket before they let you leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.