Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi.

I'm just in the process of writing a letter of invitation for my partner to come over to Australia on an eVisitor (651) tourist visa. He is coming over so we can gather evidence for our PMV application and we're planning on heading back to England a few months after he comes here.

The problem we have is he doesn't have a genuine reason to return. As he has no job, or any commitments in the UK. He only has family which he is estranged from. I'm not sure I should write the reason for his visit is to organise a PMV application and that we are planning to go back to the UK to lodge the application and come back.

Should I even write a reason? Or just leave the letter saying we are going back on such and such a date together?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
He is just coming for a visit.

Don't mention much more than that - No PMV, No employment & no gathering evidence. These items are not why Visitor Visas are granted for so is not good to mention them.

For the eVisitor I did not think they needed a invite letter.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He is just coming for a visit.

Don't mention much more than that - No PMV, No employment & no gathering evidence. These items are not why Visitor Visas are granted for so is not good to mention them.

For the eVisitor I did not think they needed a invite letter.
My migration officer said I need an invitation letter. But she finished for the day and we were hoping to fly him in this weekend. He needs to have a reason for returning. We do have commitments over there. We have a friends birthday we are invited to and wish to attend. But that's about all I can think of.

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
My migration officer said I need an invitation letter.

* My understanding is a migration officer works for Immigration Department.

But she finished for the day

** Is your Migration Officer filling out your eVisitor (electronicVisitor)?

and we were hoping to fly him in this weekend.

** Love spontaneous myself.

He needs to have a reason for returning. We do have commitments over there. We have a friends birthday we are invited to and wish to attend.

** So where is his stuff? rental things? car? personal belongings that don't fit in a suitcase? we know not with his family!

But that's about all I can think of.

** Well you will have fun with the PMV application then!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry I should have said this.

My migration agent, not officer. The visitor visa has been lodged and approved.

It's not spontaneous, we've been playing for him to come here for ages. We were just waiting for a few elements to fall into place. Which they are in the process of happening atm we are hoping the last thing should happen today. So we were going to book a flight for Saturday/Monday. But my agent didn't tell me until like 4:30pm I needed a letter, and then she left for the day.

When I say "estranged" I should have said "He lives with them, but they're hostile and he'd rather not go back to them." and he'd rather not having anything to do with them. He doesn't really have much "stuff". So he only has whatever possessions he has at his parents house.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.