Australia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I’m a UK citizen applying for Australian citizenship. I uploaded a scan of a birth certificate I made years ago for my application. I no longer have the original. Do I have to bring the original copy to the interview/test appointment or will a scanned copy suffice?
thanks.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Hi, I’m a UK citizen applying for Australian citizenship. I uploaded a scan of a birth certificate I made years ago for my application. I no longer have the original. Do I have to bring the original copy to the interview/test appointment or will a scanned copy suffice?
thanks.
Technically they ask for the original, but the vast majority of people only seem to need to show a passport or drivers licence at the test, and the Medicare card.
My wife took a whole folder of ID, but didn't need to show anything, other than passport.

Many others have said the same. It is still best to take everything, just in case.

If it was me, and I could not get a replacement original extract in time, I would take the copy, and hope for the best, rather than postpone it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Technically they ask for the original, but the vast majority of people only seem to need to show a passport or drivers licence at the test, and the Medicare card.
My wife took a whole folder of ID, but didn't need to show anything, other than passport.

Many others have said the same. It is still best to take everything, just in case.

If it was me, and I could not get a replacement original extract in time, I would take the copy, and hope for the best, rather than postpone it.
Thanks very much

·
Registered
154 Posts
Technically, as per the regulations, if asked by Home Affairs you will need to produce your original birth certificate or a certified copy for a Citizenship application. The Citizenship test only requires you to provide proper ID (D/L, Passport etc).

Be prepared, get a certified copy of your Birth Certificate ASAP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.