Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I applied my 820/801 (10/08/2018)
BVA come in to effect after current substantive visa.
I left Australia and they're reset my BVA and it said my current visa will expired (27/12/2018)
My husband doesn't believe me if BVA allowed me to work and apply a TFN. Anyone able to give me any information ?

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
If you have applied for a permanent visa (801) and are in Australia on a valid visa - including Bridging Visas you are eligible to apply for Medicare.

I know of no restrictions for applying for a TFN when in Australia on any visa that has work rights or no work rights.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it start on (28/12/2018) after my substantive visa changed to BVA?

I had multiple tourist visa until 2019. Since I left Australia for 5 days since I was applying 820/801 so my BVA is reset for the date I arrived in Aussie.

Christmas and New Year after my BVA come in effect, probably centrelink will.be close 🤔

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have applied for a permanent visa (801) and are in Australia on a valid visa - including Bridging Visas you are eligible to apply for Medicare.

I know of no restrictions for applying for a TFN when in Australia on any visa that has work rights or no work rights.
I'll start check for TFN then.
Thank you

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Is it start on (28/12/2018) after my substantive visa changed to BVA?

I had multiple tourist visa until 2019. Since I left Australia for 5 days since I was applying 820/801 so my BVA is reset for the date I arrived in Aussie.

Christmas and New Year after my BVA come in effect, probably centrelink will.be close 🤔
Your BVA didn't reset, and you it doesn't sound like it was ever active. You need to remain onshore for the duration of your stay period to allow the bridging visa to go into effect. Every time you leave the country before then, you reset the stay period when you enter further delaying the BVA going into effect.

Until it's in effect, you are restricted to the conditions of the current visa. So if you can't work on the tourist visa, then you can't work. Once the BVA is in effect, then you have the conditions of the BVA.

The expiry of the visa when offshore is going to be 2019. The expiry of it when you're onshore is the stay period. If the stay period is 3 months, then the visa will cease after 3 months of continuously being onshore and then after that the BVA will go into effect.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
And from what I understand, you can't get a TFN either because you're not currently on a visa with work rights. https://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/...nts-and-temporary-visitors---tfn-application/

But as ampk said, you were eligible for Medicare as soon as you made the 820/801 application. Being on or off the BVA is irrelevant. You just need to be on a valid visa and show proof of having made an application for a permanent visa (the 801 part of the 820/801 application you made).

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And from what I understand, you can't get a TFN either because you're not currently on a visa with work rights. https://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/...nts-and-temporary-visitors---tfn-application/
I won't apply now. I applied 820/801 while onshore and I left Australia because I was on tourist 600 visa and i had to terminated my pregnancy back to my country. I didn't plan to work any sooner. I am waiting my BVA to apply a Medicare and TFN.
My 3 months Period onshore would be (27/12/2018). Is it the BVA come in effect after the 3 months stayed onshore?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

But as ampk said, you were eligible for Medicare as soon as you made the 820/801 application. Being on or off the BVA is irrelevant. You just need to be on a valid visa and show proof of having made an application for a permanent visa (the 801 part of the 820/801 application you made).
Thank you for the TFN link. I need to show to my husband.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
I won't apply now. I applied 820/801 while onshore and I left Australia because I was on tourist 600 visa and i had to terminated my pregnancy back to my country. I didn't plan to work any sooner. I am waiting my BVA to apply a Medicare and TFN.
My 3 months Period onshore would be (27/12/2018). Is it the BVA come in effect after the 3 months stayed onshore?
Yes, if that's what VEVO says the date is then as long as you don't leave before then and stay onshore after that date, the BVA will go into effect. Once it's in effect, its conditions apply.

You don't need to be on the BVA to get Medicare. You were eligible for that the day you applied for the 820/801. It's a combined application so you're applying for both the 820 and 801 at the same time, and the 801 part of it is what makes you eligible for Medicare, not a BVA. This is not the same as 801 eligibility two years later.

So Medicare you can get now. TFN you need to wait until the BVA is in effect.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, if that's what VEVO says the date is then as long as you don't leave before then and stay onshore after that date, the BVA will go into effect. Once it's in effect, its conditions apply.

You don't need to be on the BVA to get Medicare. You were eligible for that the day you applied for the 820/801. It's a combined application so you're applying for both the 820 and 801 at the same time, and the 801 part of it is what makes you eligible for Medicare, not a BVA. This is not the same as 801 eligibility two years later.

Thanks a lot for the information. That's very helpful. I should get a Medicare in August if I know that would be no restriction after applied 820/801. Because I was pregnant and I have to deal with the lack of information. Thanks a lot 😊

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Hi Sky, thanks alot for the information. I got a Medicare number and I am able to changed my private insurance fee payment for less than I normally paid for. Next step I need to find about child support 👍

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Hi Sky, thanks alot for the information. I got a Medicare number and I am able to changed my private insurance fee payment for less than I normally paid for. Next step I need to find about child support 👍
From what I understand Centrelink don't have much to do with child support except for the payment of it. Usually child support is arranged by either a private agreement with your ex or a court agreement with your ex. It is usually based on your ex's income.

The payments you receive can be quite low if the accessible income of the ex is low. A friend of mine she only got about $7 a week from her ex as he was crafty.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
From what I understand Centrelink don't have much to do with child support except for the payment of it. Usually child support is arranged by either a private agreement with your ex or a court agreement with your ex. It is usually based on your ex's income.

The payments you receive can be quite low if the accessible income of the ex is low. A friend of mine she only got about $7 a week from her ex as he was crafty.
My ex and i never been married. After I moved here with a new partner & my daughter is 6 yrs then I applied a citizenship by descent with the DNA result and it's granted. I'm trying to get a child support from him and his salary around $5k /week. The staff told me to call the child support. I have been reading on it and still don't understand. I'll give call tmrw. Thanks

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
No that is hard.

I have a very funny story of trying to use that as a means for kids to migrate.

Seems I called (in a distant) country a hit man.

Was only a few hundred $US - LOL

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.