Australia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Situation:

I am currently on my Temporary Graduate Visa (485 subclass) and after 1 year of work experience, I had applied for my EOI on 15/12/2021, submitted my ROI after adding all the documentations required.
Note: I applied for the visa as a single applicant and had claimed 10 points.

I had received my invitation on 28/03/2022 and currently waiting for my PR grant.

My parents decided to get me married and I was spending my vacation in India in the month of June. I really liked the girl and we registered our marriage on 27/06/2022. ie. married after getting the invite and before getting the grant. I could only get 1 month off from my company and was not sure when I would be travelling again to India, so I decided to get married to a girl whom I liked so much. I am currently residing in Australia and I feel stuck at this point of time.

It would be great if I could get answers to these questions.
1. Will I be able to add her to my current application?
2. Or should I wait till I get my grant and then add her as a dependent?
3. Or should I withdraw my application and start from the beginning by adding her as a joint applicant?

I have been waiting for almost 10 months since I have applied for my visa and now I am confused on how to proceed further. I read few forums before registering my marriage and thought it was safe to get married after the invite because the points are locked after the invite.

Timeline:
Date of submission: 15/12/2021
Relationship status during submission: Not married
Visa type: Skilled nominated (subclass 190)
EOI points including state nomination: 90
Bridging visa grant: 28/03/2022
Travel to India: 11/06/2022
Date of marriage: 27/06/2022
Current relationship status: Married
Date of visa grant: still waiting

Thanks guys :)

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
I read few forums before registering my marriage and thought it was safe to get married after the invite because the points are locked after the invite.
Unfortunately, that is incorrect. Partner points are NOT locked in at invitation, they are considered at time of decision and yours will have gone down based on what you say. You risk a refusal in this situation. I suggest you get, ASAP, some professional advice based on your specific circumstances to decide the best way forward.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts