Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I have been with my Australian partner since 2015. We were an online relationship and met for the first time in January 2017 after I came to study and see him. My student visa expires in March of 2019 and I really don't want to leave him and the life we've made together in the 2 years. We want to apply for the onshore Partner visa but I'm worried about my evidence.

-We're a really young couple (going to be 21 in Dec, partner 20 in Feb) so we don't have things like loans in our names, bills in our names because we live with his mum in the house she owns, or anything incredibly official like this.
-We have A LOT of FB messages. I have messages about chores for household, messages about dinners and movies, etc. Should I pick out these messages and then apply them to the pillars or just give them everything?

We have gifts we bought each other, mail that shows we live at the same address, we will be looking through bank statements and then highlighting the relevant things we bought for each other. We have travel together, my family has met him, a lot of messages of my family talking about him/his family talking about me. We'll have statements from his mum, my family, our friends, his family that's seen me at Christmas and birthdays.

Could this be enough to be granted the 820? If not, is there anything you guys could suggest for me to look into to see if I have? I am willing to spend all my time on providing a really solid application but I just don't know if I have what I need.

Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi! I have been with my Australian partner since 2015. We were an online relationship and met for the first time in January 2017 after I came to study and see him. My student visa expires in March of 2019 and I really don't want to leave him and the life we've made together in the 2 years. We want to apply for the onshore Partner visa but I'm worried about my evidence.

-We're a really young couple (going to be 21 in Dec, partner 20 in Feb) so we don't have things like loans in our names, bills in our names because we live with his mum in the house she owns, or anything incredibly official like this.
-We have A LOT of FB messages. I have messages about chores for household, messages about dinners and movies, etc. Should I pick out these messages and then apply them to the pillars or just give them everything?

We have gifts we bought each other, mail that shows we live at the same address, we will be looking through bank statements and then highlighting the relevant things we bought for each other. We have travel together, my family has met him, a lot of messages of my family talking about him/his family talking about me. We'll have statements from his mum, my family, our friends, his family that's seen me at Christmas and birthdays.

Could this be enough to be granted the 820? If not, is there anything you guys could suggest for me to look into to see if I have? I am willing to spend all my time on providing a really solid application but I just don't know if I have what I need.

Thanks for reading!
Hey,
I was in similar position when I applied for 820. We were also young, living for free with my parent and didn't have much financial stuff in common. Evidence you mentioned is good but you definitely need more.

Go through bank statements and highlight things purchased for each other, date nights, travel expenses. Are you paying for any bills or contributing to household? Any purchases for the house? Who is paying for groceries? Are you both working?

Are you listing each other on tax returns? Super beneficiaries? Next of kin on work/study documents? Joint flybuys account? Joint gym memberships? Do you guys have cars and if yes joint car insurance?

Each category will need a statement so you can explain lack of household bills and names on loans, that's what we did in my app.

Sounds like you social stuff is pretty covered, include photos with family, add descriptions of time and place and who are the people in photographs. In my app we linked people in photos as people who gave statements. Places were also highlighted on bank statements linking evidence.

I'm not sure about how many messages to include and how to organize them as I didnt need them in my app. I'm sure someone will post with more experience in that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey,
I was in similar position when I applied for 820. We were also young, living for free with my parent and didn't have much financial stuff in common. Evidence you mentioned is good but you definitely need more.

Go through bank statements and highlight things purchased for each other, date nights, travel expenses. Are you paying for any bills or contributing to household? Any purchases for the house? Who is paying for groceries? Are you both working?

Are you listing each other on tax returns? Super beneficiaries? Next of kin on work/study documents? Joint flybuys account? Joint gym memberships? Do you guys have cars and if yes joint car insurance?

Each category will need a statement so you can explain lack of household bills and names on loans, that's what we did in my app.

Sounds like you social stuff is pretty covered, include photos with family, add descriptions of time and place and who are the people in photographs. In my app we linked people in photos as people who gave statements. Places were also highlighted on bank statements linking evidence.

I'm not sure about how many messages to include and how to organize them as I didnt need them in my app. I'm sure someone will post with more experience in that.
Thanks for replying! He is listed as my emergency contact for work and my pay goes into his account (I don't have my own account, but I can show my payslip goes into his account with his name). He has a car but I'm not listed on his insurance as I don't have my full license and can't drive yet in Australia. We don't have any joint memberships but we do go to the same clinic and we both have invoices from that clinic (with address) We're both working, he has been working for over a year and I have been working since October this year, so very recent.

Also, we have a lot of photos together but not many with other people (we don't really go out a lot but if we go to family events we're usually the ones taking photos of them) but I do have photos of us with my parents. Do you think this will look suspicious to immigration?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Try to start getting pictures of yourselves with others. Ask someone else to take a few photos here and there. I'm always the one with the camera too, so had to consciously make the effort to ask others to take some pics, or I'd ask for pics of us that they had. Also, have your partner add you on his bank account as an additional signer. That's what I did with my husband. We don't have a joint account, but he has his own bank card and can access my main account (which is what we use for everything). Do a joint Flybuys account...it's free and you can both get cards. Get a Woolworths reward card with both of you on it. Things like that. Highlight your pay going into the account, as this is evidence that you are mixing your financials together. Or better yet, open a joint account in both of your names. Have Wills drawn up showing each of you as de facto partners/beneficiaries. Link each other as beneficiaries on your supers. Link your medicare accounts. Those are all things that can show evidence.

Reactions: sabrina1258

·
Registered
12 Posts
You will need to statements from Australian Citizens signed by an official. Any other statements from non- Australian citizens are also helpful.

I'm not sure what state you are in but in NSW we applied for our relationship to be registered at the Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys for the advice. I have just set up a joint flybuys rewards account and will be doing the woolworths one aswell. We are looking to register our relationship in Victoria in the future, before we lodge our application. Will doing these things close to the lodging date (will probably around February) lodge hold less weight?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you guys for the advice. I have just set up a joint flybuys rewards account and will be doing the woolworths one aswell. We are looking to register our relationship in Victoria in the future, before we lodge our application. Will doing these things close to the lodging date (will probably around February) lodge hold less weight?
I'm not too sure about the dates thing. We applied for our relationship registry as soon as we got to Aus knowing we wouldn't be applying until 3 months later as we had to wait for my partner's travel visa to expire first.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
If you aren't applying until February, better to do all those things now; not right before you lodge. Gives a bit more credence to your joint stuff. I'd also go ahead and register your relationship now...don't wait until right before.

Reactions: sabrina1258
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.