Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I applied for the offshore Partner Visa 11 months ago & the current status is "Further assessment".

Therefore I am planning to apply for the Australian visitor visa.

Should I purchase Overseas Visitors Health Cover before applying for the visa & submit the certificate as part of my application.

If OHVC is not required before securing a visa, would purchasing and attaching OHVC certificate with my visitor visa application strengthen my application and significantly improve my chances of securing a visa?

Could any one suggest any other documents that I should submit to strengthen my visitor visa application

Thank you

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
In most cases there is no requirement for OVHC for a tourist visa application.

If it is required , you should provide the certificate with the application.

Reactions: utsc

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
You will be eligible for Australian Medicare when in Australia on a Visitor Visa. What country are you from?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank You

No from every country if the 309 (100) application has been submitted and they are in Australia on any valid visa including Visitor Visa.
You're very helpful ampk.

Can you kindly provide a link as I would like to find out more details as I have applied for the partner visa.

I initially assume that I don't qualify for medicare under as I am from Sri Lanka and do not belong to the 11 countries that have reciprocity agreements.

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
Do a search on this site, there are many links.

I have done a lot of posts/comments on this topic and Sky (not full name) has given many links. ( I am running explorer and this site recently changed and the page formatting is now F88ked for me).

It is Medicare eligibility and is for permanent visa applicants in Australia, not reciprocal medical cover.

There is zero doubt that you are not eligible when in Australia after you applied for a offshore Partner Visa. At worse you need to prod Medicare staff a little as they are in places not aware of the facts.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Do a search on this site, there are many links.

I have done a lot of posts/comments on this topic and Sky (not full name) has given many links. ( I am running explorer and this site recently changed and the page formatting is now F88ked for me).

It is Medicare eligibility and is for permanent visa applicants in Australia, not reciprocal medical cover.

There is zero doubt that you are not eligible when in Australia after you applied for a offshore Partner Visa. At worse you need to prod Medicare staff a little as they are in places not aware of the facts.
@Skybluebrewer

ampk, thank you very much, you have been of great assistance in this forum ; what would we do without you!

I found your original post in 2016 with the emails sent to Human Services
https://www.australiaforum.com/visa...hile-waiting-offshore-partner-visa-309-a.html

Thanks to your emails to Human Services in 2016, Human Services have updated their website with the eligibility details.

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/in...e/medicare-card/eligibility/who-can-get-it#a2

If you live in Australia and have a visa

If you live in Australia and have applied for permanent residency, you may get a Medicare card.

You must:

be on a visa allowing you to work, or
prove your parent, spouse or child is an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or a New Zealand citizen living in Australia

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
It is a constant flow of different people.

College Girl & Chicke999 motivated me, I think I motivated Sky.

Then the RMA's that politely correct us (often) and that we learn lots from.

Many that have had very hard battles often give lots, that said they have lots to give.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.