Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 38 Posts

· Registered
1,074 Posts
I have to actually feel somewhat that this post is just trying to stir up drama!!

I have spent a bit of time in Germany and France and can promise you there is most definitely racism in both countries. I can also promise you that you will encounter a lot more people of different nationalities here in Australia than you ever would in Germany as France.

I am a forth generation Australian and I have Greek friends, Lebanese friends, Sri Lankan friends, British friends, Kenyan friends, Brazilian friends...all of them live their lives without being affected by racism. And if you ask any of them they will say one of the things they love most about Australia is how multi cultural it is.

Reactions: plaz

· Registered
1,074 Posts
They have either come over here very recently so have an accent, have a different religion, have parents that speak little English or they were born in Australian with parents who migrated over.

No one I know treats anyone any different because of the color of their skin, their religion, their accent or their background. I'm certainly not saying that there is no racism at all in Australia because that isn't true - racism is everywhere. You certainly will not have someone shouting racist remarks at you in the street. And if someone did the people in the street would be horrified by what that person was saying just as much as the person whom the racist marks were being directed at.

· Registered
1,074 Posts
I will also add that you mention Germany having 6 million migrants - yet their population is over 80 million people (less than 10% migrants)! In France you say that there is 5 million migrants - yet they have a population of over 65 million (less than10%)! Both of these countries are in the EU which have a heck of a lot more free movement than Australia.

Yet - with Australia's small 22 million population 6 million people were born overseas in 2012 - that's 27% of the total population of a country which does not have free movement like the EU.

I'd suggest you do some further research before coming onto a forum at sating things like "... any resistance will be seen as a threat to their precious way of life.." and "...and not because they serve a purpose in your devious plan of world domination.."

· Registered
1,074 Posts
I think it would be best to just close this thread :)

Reactions: Valentine1981

· Registered
1,074 Posts
It's not the truth. And as someone who hasn't been to Australia you have no grounds to make the comments your making.

Yet another false comment your making about aboriginals. Your generalizing and generalizing will only make you look ignorant.

1 - 5 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.