Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Is that true that only white english speaking can have a PR

7K views 37 replies 12 participants last post by  CollegeGirl 
#1 ·
and so the Australian citizenship?

Hi everyone!

I was considering moving to Australia for job opportunities, but Is it a good choice?

As every young man I'm some kind affraid of taking such decisions, I'm brazilian/colombian, living in Europe (France and Germany) I've been living here for nearly 9 years (5 in France and nearly 3 in Germany)
In both countries I have friends and jobs opportunities, I speak besides Spanish and Portuguese, fluent French and German and off course English ..

So the think is that I want to go to Australia, move, migrate if you want, on recognised graduate visa, but I'm really scared of llosing everything I built here, that visa is for 18 months after that I don't know if I could stay and so, loosing the opportunity to come back to Europe.

People I've spoken to, (Mainly some singapurians found in work) and even non white frenchs that were in Australia, told me that people was racist and there is an institutional racism, and only whites english speaking people are entitled to obtain a Permanent Residence permit..

So I'm very frustrated because I don't know what to do, here in Europe, there is no racism, race is what matter less, France has people from all over the world for exemple and all are considered french, even the "National party' (far right) don't claim on race issues...

But what about Australia, I'm affraid to accept moving there and being marginalised and gethoised, I fear that because here I've never experienced that. I'm skilled engineer but what should I do?

I also fear after this visa (18 months) I could'n stay in Australia further and if so I'would have loose my european residence permit..

So is Australia only good for holidays but I should not move there ?

See less See more
#38 ·
Don't worry, guys, I saw what NSW posted here and on another thread and he's gone. We don't need drama-stirrers here.

Reactions: sunnysmile
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.