Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been living abroad since applying for our 820 partner visa in late 2015 as I received funding to start a business in another country. My partner received her 820 visa at the end of 2016. She was not aware she would not be notified when she was eligible for stage 2 and had been waiting for an email. Now we see that she was in fact eligible to submit the stage 2 application since late last year, so 6 months have passed since then. Is there a deadline for applying for the stage 2 after you become eligible? Would it already be too late? It will take some time to get material together as we are still not living together in Australia. What do we need to do in this situation? My understanding is there is no requirement that we need to be living in Australia for Stage 2, but there will still be challenges getting the necessary stat decs etc together since these need to be from Australian citizens. One thing that is not clear is whether she needs to be onshore when we lodge all the material?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
No deadline, but I'd submit now rather then later.

The later you leave it the more chance someone may make a decision on your application based on the info they have. As such potentially not favourable. Realistically they would usually ask for further info then give you 30 days to provide it.

Location doesn't matter, you've already lodged the application you are meeely updating the information on your current circumstances.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.