Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
So I’ve been on a BVA since August, and I’ve just found out my sister in the UK has gotten engaged. She is looking for a UK winter wedding either 2018 or 2019. If it happens in 2018, and I haven’t heard back about my Visa then as it stands I cannot go.

My question is, does any knownif there is a way to get an emergency visa for a short period of time to travel for such an event?

Thanks guys,
Shaun

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hey guys,
So I've been on a BVA since August, and I've just found out my sister in the UK has gotten engaged. She is looking for a UK winter wedding either 2018 or 2019. If it happens in 2018, and I haven't heard back about my Visa then as it stands I cannot go.

My question is, does any knownif there is a way to get an emergency visa for a short period of time to travel for such an event?

Thanks guys,
Shaun
Does anyone EVER read their bridging visa A grant letters ? All the information you're after, should be there.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey guys,
So I've been on a BVA since August, and I've just found out my sister in the UK has gotten engaged. She is looking for a UK winter wedding either 2018 or 2019. If it happens in 2018, and I haven't heard back about my Visa then as it stands I cannot go.

Thanks guys,
Shaun
Apply for BVB before travelling

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply guys! Wasn’t aware it was that straight forward ? I will apply once I know the exact dates. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Bridging Visa A grant letters typically contain the following information:

Travel overseas

This bridging visa lets you temporarily stay in Australia. It will end when you leave Australia. If you travel outside Australia, you will need a visa to return to Australia.

You can do one of the following:

• apply for and be granted a bridging visa B before you travel - we recommend you do this if you do not also have a substantive visa that allows you to travel or if your substantive visa will expire before you return to Australia.
  • travel on your current substantive visa (if you have one that allows you to travel and return to Australia before it expires).
If your substantive visa expires while you are outside Australia and you do not hold a bridging visa B, you will then need to apply for and be granted a substantive visa before you can return to Australia. There is no guarantee that you will be granted another visa to return to Australia.

I always advise my clients to PRINT OUT grant letters and the like, so they can properly read them and keep them in a safe place for future reference, but I believe few people do. It can be very hard to get all the details on a smart phone. I have had quite a few people get into trouble over the years, because they simply did not properly read the information provided to them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

We recently applied for partner visa (820) but i'm currently still on a student visa til March 15; I'm going to travel to Korea from late February til March 13.

So my bridging visa which has been granted already doesn't come into effect til March 15 (when student visa expires)

My question is; is it ok for me to travel during those dates i mentioned above returning 2 days before my student visa expires?

Would they enquire at the airport when I return why i'm returning if my visa runs out in 2 days. Should I bring with me my bridging visa for the partner 820 visa which comes into effect after my student visa expires.

Will I have any trouble entering Australia is my question?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Hi,

We recently applied for partner visa (820) but i'm currently still on a student visa til March 15; I'm going to travel to Korea from late February til March 13.

So my bridging visa which has been granted already doesn't come into effect til March 15 (when student visa expires)

My question is; is it ok for me to travel during those dates i mentioned above returning 2 days before my student visa expires?

Would they enquire at the airport when I return why i'm returning if my visa runs out in 2 days. Should I bring with me my bridging visa for the partner 820 visa which comes into effect after my student visa expires.

Will I have any trouble entering Australia is my question?

Thanks
Where did you get this time machine?

IF your Student Visa expires 15 March 2018 and you plan to arrive back in Australia on 13 March 2018 on that Student Visa that will be fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.