Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a look at some timelines of applications on this forum and I noticed that the people who applied in December to the start of April had their application approved faster than those after April.

Those that applied in August waited the longest.

Wish I hadn't been so pedantic about the paperwork being perfect and had applied in March.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
A very interesting question and one that we only have limited data to answer.

My gut suggests that yes it's correct.

This year and las year it seemed that Immi had a grant flurry at the end of the financial year as if making a quota. Then at the beginning of the next financial year it continued then suddenly stopped as if they were worried about fulfilling the quota too quickly. And repeat.

As to the accuracy of this I have no facts nor figures to back it up it's purely based on how things have seen from the many visa applicants I've seen on here and Facebook.

My migration agent is also of a similar mind about them being very generous with grants at the moment - although I've not asked for his opinion as to why.

·
Registered
242 Posts
A very interesting question and one that we only have limited data to answer.

My gut suggests that yes it's correct.

This year and las year it seemed that Immi had a grant flurry at the end of the financial year as if making a quota. Then at the beginning of the next financial year it continued then suddenly stopped as if they were worried about fulfilling the quota too quickly. And repeat.

As to the accuracy of this I have no facts nor figures to back it up it's purely based on how things have seen from the many visa applicants I've seen on here and Facebook.

My migration agent is also of a similar mind about them being very generous with grants at the moment - although I've not asked for his opinion as to why.
There was also a big boom in grants around the time they (case officers) usually take their Christmas holiday in 2017. It was very unusual at the time I thought because usually, December into early January is very quiet, with quite a few grants occurring both before and after that period. But this past year grants rolled in through November-December. The wait time for partner visas was at a peak as well, so that could've affected things.

I also noticed there's ebbs and flows with TR and PR visas, like immigration rotates which type they're focusing on every few months. That being said, I saw a PR grant for someone who applied in Oct, so don't give up hope OP!

Reactions: Ella2016 and Mania

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
There was also a big boom in grants around the time they (case officers) usually take their Christmas holiday in 2017. It was very unusual at the time I thought because usually, December into early January is very quiet, with quite a few grants occurring both before and after that period. But this past year grants rolled in through November-December. The wait time for partner visas was at a peak as well, so that could've affected things.

I also noticed there's ebbs and flows with TR and PR visas, like immigration rotates which type they're focusing on every few months. That being said, I saw a PR grant for someone who applied in Oct, so don't give up hope OP!
In past years (more than 3 years agoish) this information was very easy to find.

Almost every Embassy had almost the exact amount of visas issued every month (including the holiday periods for that location), the only exception was June were grants were all over the place - some greatly more than normal for that Embassy per month or greatly less even for the same Embassy the following year).

The variation of partner visa grants for each Embassy was honestly less than a total change of 5 for 11 months of the year.

What did change was a variation in the numbers of grants per Embassy year on year. It certainly seems each Embassy was given quotas each year - I assume based on the application trend of the past year.

I have seen several of the super fast grants happening over recent months, but done no research to try find out why - mostly as that info is hard to find now or not even published.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
HRose313 Thanks for the sympathy. :) That's interesting ref to the ebbs and flows.It makes sense as to why they take a long time.

Mania and ampk I noticed that the Canadian group keep an Excel spreadsheet with data about their visa application. Maybe, it would benefit everyone else if I started one. I just don't know how to permanently keep it on this website.

·
Registered
201 Posts
HRose313 Thanks for the sympathy. :) That's interesting ref to the ebbs and flows.It makes sense as to why they take a long time.

Mania and ampk I noticed that the Canadian group keep an Excel spreadsheet with data about their visa application. Maybe, it would benefit everyone else if I started one. I just don't know how to permanently keep it on this website.
Where did you find the Excel spreadsheet for the Canadian group? I am from Canada and would like to enter my dates there as well :)

·
Registered
1,960 Posts

I've never followed the spreadsheets but I'm sure if you send one of the mods a PM they can point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Reactions: Ejona and Ella2016
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.