Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, it seems everyone’s situation is different, and im sorry if this has already been answered, but could you please provide me with advice on if I have enough evidence to be granted a defacto/partner visa (subclass 309) applying off shore:

My partner and I live in the UK (he is Portuguese/EU passport), and myself (dual passport UK/Aus). We are currently researching, and starting to gather all the info required. I am the sponsor and we plan to apply early next year, which will mean we have been together 2 years.

In November it will be 1 year we have lived together, however there isn’t much proof that I have been living under the same roof.

We both do ‘contract’ work (aka locums). So we never know how long our contract will be, hence it is always difficult to find a place to live who accepts short term contracts (which could be only for 1 week to 1 year). So usually we live in staff accommodation, as it is flexible. (we could also both provide evidence, we have mostly always lived in staff accom due to work- would this help at all?)

We have been so lucky, as our current job is in the same place, plus the contract will last a year (if not longer)!! Therefore we have been able to live together during this time. So my partner pays the rent, but the housing place doesn’t know I live here.. so im not on any lease/rental agreement. Plus none of my mail comes here.
We could ask a girl in our corridor to write a stat dec, as she has been living here the full time that I have? Would that support our case more?

However I can prove that my mail has gone to the same address (its c/o my cousin) majority of the time I have lived in the UK – including the time I have been in a relationship with my partner when we havnt been living together. This is due to the fact of my work, and moving around all the time, its safer and more convenient if it goes to my cousin. (I could get a stat dec from him saying this too)
I do have rental invoices from where I was living prior to us living together, which would show rental payments I made- as currently I don’t pay rent, so there would be nothing during the last year coming out of my account for rent, which you can see on my statement. (just payments to my partner every now and again).

We are getting my partners phone bill statements since we have been together, to prove our commitment when we couldn’t live together, and how often we would speak.

Our boss is going to write a stat dec explaining our relationship, we work and live together.
The company who pays me, could provide reference of my place of work, as its clear I would not be commuting from where my mail (bank statements) goes, to my current work place. Would this help as supporting evidence?

My partner has met part of my family, plus we have received joint cards from them all at Christmas and he got a bday card from my parents last year. I get emails from my parents regularly referring to us both. My partner is also coming to Australia to visit at xmas so will meet more of my family then.
I have met his aunts/uncles and cousins.. but not his parents, as he himself doesn’t have much to do with them. Will this be a problem?

We have travel invoices of 4 holidays and flights over the past 1 ½ years, including a joint annual travel insurance policy for both this year and last.

We both have library cards, ids for the same place of work, and another club we both do..
We have a wedding program which we were both in the bridal party, and have photos to support.

If you compare both our bank statements its fair to say one person pays rent, food is shared and other expenses between us (however he seems to pay for a lot more, as he is the bread winner).

Do you think this would be sufficient? If we included lots of stat decs from people who know our situation? (my cousin- the reason about my mail, friends who have met him, his friends who have met me, my parents?)

Or would it be best to wait until we can have our own place and I can get my mail.

Sorry for such a long story, hope it makes sense, and any advice given I really appreciate it,

Thanks ☺

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Hi there,

I think you'll be ok evidence wise, definately use statutory declarations from people who can support your claims, and make sure that your history of relationship declarations are clear and comprehensive.

You should organise your evidence into four categories, as it's done in the partnet migration booklet on page 41:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1127.pdf

In terms of finances, it really doesn't matter that costs aren't 50/50 (they rarely are), os just explain who paid for what and use the bank statements or receipts to back it up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.