Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I hope someone can clarify this. Thanks in advance.:)

Recently I heard a few people saying it is no longer allowed (or you won't be granted) to apply for one parent to migrate to Australia under the Parent Visa/Contributory Parent Visa. It also says if only one parent is intended to migrate, you still need to pay for both. (which means if applying for Contributory Parent Visa, we will be looking at approx $100k??)

Has anyone seem this before? Or is it rumours?

I am an Australian and the only child in the family. Although I wish both of my parents to come over and stay with me, my grandparents have been unwell, and mum has been the person looking after them. Given the current circumstances, it is unlikely she can stay in Australia more than a few months a year. Therefore, I am thinking about applying the Contributory Parent Visa (143/173) for dad in the mean time. However if the above information is true, this may not be feasible.

Any comment will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Ying

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
You can sponsor just one parent, but both will have to meet health and character requirements. You only pay the VAC for the migrating parent.

Reactions: YingL

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
You can sponsor just one if you'd like, but when that is granted, your father can't turn around and sponsor his wife on a partner visa. There's a 5-year wait for him to be able to do that.

Reactions: YingL
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.