Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a while back regarding some challenges I have due to a failed character test. I have spoken with an attorney and discussed what course of action I will need to take in order to attempt entry. He gives me ~60-65% chance of success. The cost however will be in 7500-14,000.00 range. A large portion of this is to assemble the character defense itself.

This is a substantial amount of what liquid non-retirement/physical asset funds we have on hand and while my goal is certainly to be ABLE to travel and potentially relocate to Australia, it would certainly impact our lifestyle and comfort. I'd also hate to lose the money and not succeed in a successful visa (which clearly is quite possible). I am prepared for this but still feel it's worth trying for sake of my 4+ year relationship with the woman of my dreams.

I understand the idea of what needs to be presented to show me in a favorable light. I'm sure I can get some general guidance on these forums as to the types of information which needs to be presented.

That all said, IF I were to attempt to assemble and present/apply for a holiday visa on my own, and it was rejected, would I be making a future attempt with an attorney even more difficult/less likely to be approved? Essentially being that my first is my best/potentially only chance? Or would it make little difference in the probable outcome?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
I posted a while back regarding some challenges I have due to a failed character test. I have spoken with an attorney and discussed what course of action I will need to take in order to attempt entry. He gives me ~60-65% chance of success. The cost however will be in 7500-14,000.00 range. A large portion of this is to assemble the character defense itself.

This is a substantial amount of what liquid non-retirement/physical asset funds we have on hand and while my goal is certainly to be ABLE to travel and potentially relocate to Australia, it would certainly impact our lifestyle and comfort. I'd also hate to lose the money and not succeed in a successful visa (which clearly is quite possible). I am prepared for this but still feel it's worth trying for sake of my 4+ year relationship with the woman of my dreams.

I understand the idea of what needs to be presented to show me in a favorable light. I'm sure I can get some general guidance on these forums as to the types of information which needs to be presented.

That all said, IF I were to attempt to assemble and present/apply for a holiday visa on my own, and it was rejected, would I be making a future attempt with an attorney even more difficult/less likely to be approved? Essentially being that my first is my best/potentially only chance? Or would it make little difference in the probable outcome?

Thank you in advance.
It should not cost you very much to prepare a characcter submission.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.