Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I need one suggestion. I was on bridging visa B for 457 extension and applied for 190 PR. I was granted bridging visa C for 190 application. Now my 457 has been approved and still, BVC is not active. Can I switch job after requesting to cancel my 457 and getting activated the bridging visa C?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hi All,
I need one suggestion. I was on bridging visa B for 457 extension and applied for 190 PR. I was granted bridging visa C for 190 application. Now my 457 has been approved and still, BVC is not active. Can I switch job after requesting to cancel my 457 and getting activated the bridging visa C?
If the sc. 457 visa is cancelled, any associated bridging visas will be cancelled as well. Why would you want to be on a BVC when you have a sc. 457 visa? It doesn't make any sense at all. I believe under the new system you can still still switch to a new employer, if they nominate you first and a nomination is granted. Not sure what the procedure will be.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Nick,
Thanks for your time to reply my question. I have got an offer but the employer can not nominate for a 457. I am just checking the possibility of switching job while my 190 visa in the process and I hold the BVC for that. This bridging visa C was granted for my 190 visa application, then why it will be cancelled, if I cancel the 457 visa. Sorry to ask these silly questions, but I am in a situation where I am able to change the job, it will be 40% hike for me and I don't want to lose this opportunity.

If the sc. 457 visa is cancelled, any associated bridging visas will be cancelled as well. Why would you want to be on a BVC when you have a sc. 457 visa? It doesn't make any sense at all. I believe under the new system you can still still switch to a new employer, if they nominate you first and a nomination is granted. Not sure what the procedure will be.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hi Nick,
Thanks for your time to reply my question. I have got an offer but the employer can not nominate for a 457. I am just checking the possibility of switching job while my 190 visa in the process and I hold the BVC for that. This bridging visa C was granted for my 190 visa application, then why it will be cancelled, if I cancel the 457 visa. Sorry to ask these silly questions, but I am in a situation where I am able to change the job, it will be 40% hike for me and I don't want to lose this opportunity.
It depends on the exact sequence of events and which visa(s) were held at the time, but generally the following would apply:

030.5 When visa is in effect

(1) In the case of a visa granted to a non-citizen who has applied for a substantive visa - bridging visa:
(b) permitting the holder to remain in Australia until:
(viii) if the substantive visa (if any) held by the holder is cancelled - that cancellation.

In other words, if the substantive visa (if any) that was held at the time of BVC grant is cancelled, then the BVC ceases as well.

Furthermore, what conditions does your BVC have ?

Reactions: icycool

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hi Nick,
My 457 expired in Oct2017 and BVA came into effect. Then due to travel to India BVB granted in Nov 2017. I filed my 190 visa in feb 2018, while BVB for 457 was in effect. Case officer granted BVC for 190 in Feb 2018. New 457 granted in march 18.
My BVC has below conditions.
Visa Conditions NIL

Permission to work
When your bridging visa (class WC) is in effect, you will have full permission to work.

It depends on the exact sequence of events and which visa(s) were held at the time, but generally the following would apply:

030.5 When visa is in effect

(1) In the case of a visa granted to a non-citizen who has applied for a substantive visa - bridging visa:
(b) permitting the holder to remain in Australia until:
(viii) if the substantive visa (if any) held by the holder is cancelled - that cancellation.

In other words, if the substantive visa (if any) that was held at the time of BVC grant is cancelled, then the BVC ceases as well.

Furthermore, what conditions does your BVC have ?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hi Nick,
My 457 expired in Oct2017 and BVA came into effect. Then due to travel to India BVB granted in Nov 2017. I filed my 190 visa in feb 2018, while BVB for 457 was in effect. Case officer granted BVC for 190 in Feb 2018. New 457 granted in march 18.
My BVC has below conditions.
Visa Conditions NIL

Permission to work
When your bridging visa (class WC) is in effect, you will have full permission to work.
Effect on BVA, BVB or BVC if substantive visa cancelled

-If a person holds a substantive visa that was granted before a BVA, BVB or BVC was granted, the BVA, BVB or BVC will cease to be in effect on cancellation of the substantive visa.
whether or not the BVA, BVB or BVC has come into effect.

-However, if a substantive visa is cancelled that was granted after a BVA, BVB or BVC was granted, the BVA, BVB or BVC will not cease to be in effect.

BVC granted in Feb 2018, substantive visa granted in March 2018. Substantive visa was granted after BVC grant.

Please note also that I am quoting directly from the migration regulations, this is not migration advice and the above may not apply to your particular case.

I suggest you double check with the Department before doing anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.