Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,
I have asked this question to Aramco (biggest oil producer company in the world based in saudai Arabia) and need your advice here from immigration point of view. I am holding and Arabian nationality (not GCC) and just got a very good job offer from Aramco. I like the offer which base salary is attractive for me with my only 7 yrs experience on oil industry (oil field Services Company). I am holding a master degree from western university. The base salary + the overbase is around 5K GBP (I need to say that in order for your to help me in my below long term calculation)*The challenge is that at the same week I got the offer, I got a call from Australian immigration agency saying that we are at the last step of permanent residence migration to Australia and I have to pay in order to lodge the DIAC. I have already paid something around 5K USD and I need to pay additional around 6K USD for final step in order for them to process my final visa request which will take around 6 months to be ready. I need to stay in Australia around 4yrs later to get the citizenship. I have wife and 2 kids.*For long term prospective, should I accept the offer or migrate to Australia. Does nationality really matter to sacrifice 5 yrs in expensive Australia especially after I got this offer? If I skip migration I am going to lose the 5K USD already paid?Your urgent support and advice are much appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2820$ for initial consultancy fees, lodgement fees, processing fees and feed due to the dkill assessing authority of Australia
700 $ work experience assessment
1250 $ 190 visa sponsorship
Above already paid
DIAC fees not yet paid.

·
Registered
325 Posts
2820$ for initial consultancy fees, lodgement fees, processing fees and feed due to the dkill assessing authority of Australia
700 $ work experience assessment
1250 $ 190 visa sponsorship
Above already paid
DIAC fees not yet paid.
Hi Hero, i think someone with more knowledge of 190 visa should answer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi,

By looking at the cost you stated above it clearly shows that you hired a consultant for the visa which is why you are paying double then the usual DIAC fees. In long term its definetly worth it mate. Its upto you wut u think about ur future n more importantly ur kids future. My advise its worth spending 6K for australian residence it will give u more opportunities and career benefits then working in middle east now.

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
GO for OZ

OZ stands for australia here
So I am also in oil and gas service industry and I understand wat u would feel like. But I think moving to OZ is a much better decision. From what i have understood you have received INVITATION TO APPLY now and there is still a lot of work to do and pay fee 3060+1530(spouse)+1500(kids). After this it could take up to a year before the visa is granted to you. Accept the new job but also apply for immigration.
Is it a FIFO job?
If so u can always relocate family to OZ wen u get the visa and keep working in Aramco until u find a better job in OZ.
I work in Services in Pakistan but planning on 190 WA sponsorship and move to Perth.
Hope it helps
Best of luck

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all. In fact I don't want to lose my money and finally change my mind. What is the real value of Australian citizenship if I got good job with nice salary and get rid of headache and waiting 5 yrs and maybe I eventually not get the benefit of 5 yrs waiting. Once again I am afraid to regret in future ???

Cheers for

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What is FIFO ? My wife will definitely not accept to separate plus here English is zero which I need to pay additional 4k. So big money to be paid and value is not guarante ? Some time i said to my self Maybe better to run small business by these amount

·
Registered
2 Posts
I understand your predicament, most immigrants face similar doubts. I guess you are a little overwhelmed because of the job offer you just got and all the money you have already spent on this process.

Nobody can give you a straight answer here. The 'value' of an Australian PR/citizenship is measured by your own standards and goals in life. I guess at this point, those 6K are a safeguard in case you change your mind in 1-2 years. Remember that if you get the PR, you don't have to move to Australia immediately, you can just make an initial entry while you work out with your family what's best for you.

What was the original reason why you applied for a PR?. Try to think about that for a second and assess if 6K USD are worth an investment for that.

Cheers!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I understand your predicament, most immigrants face similar doubts. I guess you are a little overwhelmed because of the job offer you just got and all the money you have already spent on this process.

Nobody can give you a straight answer here. The 'value' of an Australian PR/citizenship is measured by your own standards and goals in life. I guess at this point, those 6K are a safeguard in case you change your mind in 1-2 years. Remember that if you get the PR, you don't have to move to Australia immediately, you can just make an initial entry while you work out with your family what's best for you.

What was the original reason why you applied for a PR?. Try to think about that for a second and assess if 6K USD are worth an investment for that.

Cheers!
Thanks very much bonkler. Got confused. In fact I just seek Australian citizenship and can't life in Australia forever. Just looking for passport. Please advise if it is really worth it and if I will end up paying tax even if I work outside Australia ?? Can u share me with some basic calculation. Let's say I skip Australia plan, I can open some small private business for me by working with that company as I can safe a lot of money. How can the value of PR highlighted?

Thanks

·
Registered
325 Posts
Thanks very much bonkler. Got confused. In fact I just seek Australian citizenship and can't life in Australia forever. Just looking for passport. Please advise if it is really worth it and if I will end up paying tax even if I work outside Australia ?? Can u share me with some basic calculation. Let's say I skip Australia plan, I can open some small private business for me by working with that company as I can safe a lot of money. How can the value of PR highlighted?

Thanks
Hero,
You will have to make a decision yourself.
Question: why do you want Australian PR?

·
Registered
2 Posts
If it's just for the sake of the passport, I'd say no.

You'll be highly taxed on your income for benefits you might not use on a 5 year time span.You will spent a lot of money on moving countries.If you think 6k is a lot for a PR, the money you will spend on moving and settling in Australia will seem like a small fortune.

As far as I know, you won't get any significant benefits with an aussie passport while being overseas. It's going to take you at least 4+ years to get your citizenship, so the ROI doesn't look that good on this one.

Cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If it's just for the sake of the passport, I'd say no.

You'll be highly taxed on your income for benefits you might not use on a 5 year time span.You will spent a lot of money on moving countries.If you think 6k is a lot for a PR, the money you will spend on moving and settling in Australia will seem like a small fortune.

As far as I know, you won't get any significant benefits with an aussie passport while being overseas. It's going to take you at least 4+ years to get your citizenship, so the ROI doesn't look that good on this one.

Cheers
Much appreciated for your comprehensive info. What is ROI. And if I work overseas do I still pay tax to aussie government. And is that more or less similar to candian immigration. My single objective is passport and traveling visa within countries. 100% I will not exceed 5yrs in Australia it just getting passport and run away lool

Cheers

·
Premium Member
8,885 Posts
I guess I'm confused as to what the point would be of having a passport for a country you never plan to live in...

ROI = Return on Investment, by the way.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.