Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Experts,

Just wanted your suggestions on one of my question.

I have filed for GSM - 175 on July 3, 2010 and my occupation is under the new SOL code (ANZSCO: 261111) having a total of 125 points.

Now my head office in Australia has agreed to sponsor me for a work visa – 457 (I know it’s unusual but they won’t sponsor for my PR) by October 2010.

Question 1] Assuming I get a 457 work visa by October, can I use this as a benefit for speedy process of my 175 application?
Question 2] Process required to attach 457 visa to existing 175 application.

Also, in Form 1221, they ask whether you have made arrangement for your employment and I have answered YES with all the company specific details.
Question 3] Do you think this could benefit my 175 Visa Application to speed up the process?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hello Experts,

Just wanted your suggestions on one of my question.

I have filed for GSM - 175 on July 3, 2010 and my occupation is under the new SOL code (ANZSCO: 261111) having a total of 125 points.

Now my head office in Australia has agreed to sponsor me for a work visa - 457 (I know it's unusual but they won't sponsor for my PR) by October 2010.

Question 1] Assuming I get a 457 work visa by October, can I use this as a benefit for speedy process of my 175 application?
Question 2] Process required to attach 457 visa to existing 175 application.

Also, in Form 1221, they ask whether you have made arrangement for your employment and I have answered YES with all the company specific details.
Question 3] Do you think this could benefit my 175 Visa Application to speed up the process?
1. On the official front, a 457 visa will not speed up a 175 application as they are separate applications but if a CO was aware someone was already here working on a 457, that could inadvertently see processing quicker.
No harm in putting advice on to the 175 file just in case the system does not pick it up and you can use a Form 1022 for that.
2. You'll just have to apply for a 457 visa and the company likewise for their approval and that of the position nomination. And you should in fact wait until the company has applied or have your application with them so yours and theirs go in simultaneously.
Details @ Temporary Business (Long Stay) - Standard Business Sponsorship (Subclass 457)
What you could do is stay tuned to the What's New and 176 state list for the state you'll be in to see what the situation will be when a State Migration Plan is approved and if your occupation is on that, you can look at what'll be required to be covered to receive a higher priority.
Professionals and other Skilled Migrants - Workers - Visas & Immigration
When the 175 comes up for granting, you'll need to make arrangements for a short holiday abroad to allow the visa to be granted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Wanderer

Thanks for the reply.

Does that mean if I have a 457 and then I am granted 175, does 457 automatically gets cancelled?

Also, supposedly I lodge a 457 application and my 175 is approved, should I immediately cancel 457 application so that my PR - 175 wouldnt get automatically cancelled?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hello Wanderer

Thanks for the reply.

Does that mean if I have a 457 and then I am granted 175, does 457 automatically gets cancelled?

Also, supposedly I lodge a 457 application and my 175 is approved, should I immediately cancel 457 application so that my PR - 175 wouldnt get automatically cancelled?

Thanks
Yes, the457 will be cancelled automatically when they grant the 175 and you do not need to cancel the457 for you'll need that right up until the 175 grant.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.