Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Just wondering if anyone could give me some advice please. I'm currently living with my partner in the U.K. I'm British and my partner is Australian. We have lived in a de facto relationship since Jan 2015 - lived in aus for just under 12 months, then traveled to Thailand for a month before returning to the U.K. where we are now.

I know this may sound silly but I'm really terrified of lodging my application, I know our relationship is genuine and like a lot of you must understand you love them to death but god it's hard being in this situation. I'm so stressed out, I'll be ready to lodge my application in about a week or so just need to get some identity documents certified, were applying online by the way.

My problem is I don't think my visa application is good enough, particularly the financial part of my application. Back story is I came to Australia last year with 5,000 dollars and living in Melbourne and being restricted by the work and holiday visa it was difficult to find work. In hindsight I should have gone and done rural work to qualify for a second year visa but my partner wanted to go to the uk after and due to him studying didn't want me moving away. He has money and basically has supported me pretty much our entire relationship. We have joint bank accounts, ive attached documents of his support to me throughout the relationship. I think other than that section our application is very strong. We regards to my statements I've basically done the whole honesty is the best policy and just written the complete open truth about our situation.

So really my question is does anyone have any experiences of this type of situation, where you dont really support your partner much in terms of financially. Or is there anything more we can do just to make our application as strong as possible.

Hate to sound like a moaner but I'm just so scared of a rejection. I've poured my heart and soul into this application, just praying for the best!

Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
My situation is quite different from yours but I understand the anxiety you must be feeling. I'm a while away from my partner applying for a visa but up until we apply and a year or two after that, it will likely be her financially supporting the relationship. I am a full time postgraduate student and it's strongly advised to not work due to the workload.

I'm quite worried that this will bite me in the rear, not having a job and not having proper financial income (on the dole).

·
Registered
291 Posts
When they say they want evidence with regards to your financial arrangements they don't mean they want to see that each person pays for exactly half of anything purchased.
It's fine that your bank statements show him supporting you, after all, that's what couples in a defacto relationship do.

Like you said, explain it all honestly and I doubt there will be a problem. People on here have been approved a visa when one/both don't work and claim centrelink benefits.

I understand the worry of applying, I felt the same but I think in this case you don't need to be so worried :)

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
We did the PMV and only one of us has any financial history. The other has none.

As long as that ones finances are shared, ie: living costs for both are covered by that one, it seems OK.

·
Registered
188 Posts
My UK born husband has been unable to find work throughout our entire relationship and I have supported him (PMV 300 to 820 now waiting on 801). So don't really stress about the who pays for what part of your relationship lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.