Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I need professional assistance regarding my visa application. I am a land surveyor with more than 6 years of geodetic professional experience plus diploma in a relevant field (geodetic high school). However, I do not have a bachelor degree in land surveying.

I am opening this tread because I am trying to calculate my Points test required for the General Skilled Migration visa. The point test is a set of requirements an applicant has to satisfy. To pass the test you need at least 100 points. The requirement I am specifically interested in is Nominated Skill Occupation. It carries the highest number of points, i.e. 60 for most occupations where training is specific to the occupation. It carries 50 points for more general professional occupations and 40 points for other general skilled occupations. I would like to know how my knowledge and experience fit this test. Can I use the maximum number of points, 60, because on the official government web site (immi.gov.au) is said that "In some cases, experience without formal qualifications may be acceptable"?

What do I have to do to verify my knowledge and experience, and more importantly, will I be able to use all 60 points for the Nominated skill occupation after that verification?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.