Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I need advise here

Hubby and I are building our evidence for next year second visa . I asked my landlord to add my hubby to the lease and this is the answer I got from her :

We don't add people to leases mid-tenancy but you can supply your husbands identification, (passport/drivers license) and contact details please (phone numbers etc) The next time around if you renew your lease you can add his name then.

My lease was only signed February 13/2/15. So I don't know if she is been lazy or what

Would not having his name on tu release will affect our PR for next year ?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Guys now Synergy just told me they can't add my hubby in my account for electricity . They said only one account holder not two.

Guys please tell me what I can add and what I cant as I'm getting frustrated here .

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
244 Posts
I had an issue adding myself to my electricity account. If I want my name on it, I have to close it and open a new one.

The lease is a binding agreement. If you alter it, it might take away its effectiveness. The lease will have to be re written + additional background, employment income checks on the new person.

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
I simply emailed my Landlord stating (as per my lease) that I was getting married and my fiancé and 2 kids (I used full names of them) would be living with us. Lease stated Landlord must be advised if more than 6 people lived in the house.

My Landlord replied to the email with congrats no problem. (Good Landlord as I finished building their house).

I sent this email as evidence - but a reason they wont include your husband on lease and why is still evidence. Same for utility bills, the parties are fully aware of your situation and know your partner is/will be living their - they just don't care.

It is the correspondence you require in trying to do it not the paper!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Im not on the lease for our rental overseas so I asked the landlord to write a stat Dec a stating although I'm not on the lease he recognizes I reside here and have done so from... To .... Etc!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Guys now Synergy just told me they can't add my hubby in my account for electricity . They said only one account holder not two.

Guys please tell me what I can add and what I cant as I'm getting frustrated here .
what i did was: create online account, account name is still my hubby name, At building, or 1st line of address ( usually you see 2 line) you type your name and parter name there.
Next tie you get the bill, it will be like

YOUR ACCOUNT NAME
EDT HUSBAND NAME
1 ABC Road, Sydney
NSW, 2000

Basically it will appear whatever you put in If you put "Happy house of EDT and Mrs Blah blah" it will be:

YOUR ACCOUNT NAME
Happy house of EDT and Mrs Blah blah
1 ABC Road, Sydney
NSW, 2000

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
We did that for Foxtel panda because they don't do joint accounts. Actually I should say ... the Foxtel guy suggested it when I said I need both people on the bill - Foxtel just have the 2nd person has an authorised user.

Origin don't do the address name as joint but underneath the address name it has "Joint account holder" and then my husband's name.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It should not make any difference. Your hubby could just pay the amount and then have his details.

If you are both living at the same address that should a genuine and continuing relationship.

I went through a partner visa about 5 years ago and it was VERY easy. All we had was a photo album of us going on holidays and general photos of us out to dinner etc.

·
Registered
108 Posts
fyi, I once asked the AGL to add my partner's name into the electric bill, and below is what their response.

"Dear xxxx,

Thank you for your enquiry in relation to your AGL account number 7003xxxxxx. This is to advise we have taken the following action:

We can only set up account under one account holder’s name, for additional person we can add them as authorised care of person for future bills. We just added xxxxx xxxx as a care of person for all future correspondence so as her name will appear on the bills.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you have any further queries, please contact AGL on 131 245, 24/7.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I am a property manager and you CAN be added to the lease, you won't be put on the original lease document and they won't draw up a complete new one. However they CAN do whats called a variation to the contract which states you are now being ADDED to the lease. Did you go through an agency and have you got a property manager? or do you have a private landlord?

PS Synergy no longer hold accounts in two names, the response i got from them is it was to hard to chase people who owe money so now they oly let you put the account in one name.

Hi all

I need advise here

Hubby and I are building our evidence for next year second visa . I asked my landlord to add my hubby to the lease and this is the answer I got from her :

We don't add people to leases mid-tenancy but you can supply your husbands identification, (passport/drivers license) and contact details please (phone numbers etc) The next time around if you renew your lease you can add his name then.

My lease was only signed February 13/2/15. So I don't know if she is been lazy or what

Would not having his name on tu release will affect our PR for next year ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.