Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi...

First of all Big thanks to this community for all valuable information, helped a lot. My wife finally got Grant Letter last week.

Now, our plan was to move in together by end of June but we got short IED period, last date to enter is 7th if May.

So, I am going book flight to Australia on 4th of May as it matches our situation best for now and will land on 5th May (inshaAllah)

One thing bugging me, Is it too risky? What if there are flight delays (God forbid).. are 2 days enough backup you guys reckon?

Lets assume if somehow someone's flight delays by a week or so, are Immigration officers are lenient enough to consider flight delay situation and extend the Initial Date entry? Any examples of this happend in past would be a peace of mind you know.

And that can be done on the airport over phone or she would have to return back to Pakistan until the issue is resolved.. ?

I am just posting in hope it can be a help for anyone who comes under this unfortunate situation and can learn.

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Not sure where leniency comes into the law. There's a clearly stated requirement on the visa, it's down to the individual to ensure they comply with them.

If I had an enter by date on a major visa I would be inclined to ensure I give ample time to allow for entry.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
In most cases that should be fine (if leaving from a major airport).

But personally I would rather over a week of reserve time as my option.

I don't know 100% but immigration are not flexible on dates at all, so don't risk that as part of your option/s.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
I think anything less than a week is risky.

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
In the circumstances you have described, immi is unlikely to cancel your visa because you breached your entry conditions; but they might.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.