Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
The capping and ceasing by occupations does need some legislation to be passed and that could be held up if talk of an early election moves to an actual election date being set, 08February just being the date that the intent re capping and ceasing generally was announced.
Dear Wanderer,

As we all know that ceasing and capping by occupations (for applications lodged prior to 1st September, 2007) would be in effect if legislation is passed and until then no new applications can be lodged under subclasses 175, 176 and 475 visas.

Also states are not sponsoring those visa subclasses (175, 176 and 475) who are in a scope to be ceased or capped.

I want to know about those who are in the said scope but already been granted State Sponsor during the month of May, 2010 (genereally speaking after 8th May, 2010 when this new ceasing and capping thingie was announced).

So, generally speaking about those who lodged applications before 1st September, 2007 and got state sponsorship after this (ceasing and capping) was announced, what would be the future of those?

Please comment in detail as I got no clue about it on any page of DIAC website, WA State Migration Center website or any other relevant webpage.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Dear Wanderer,

As we all know that ceasing and capping by occupations (for applications lodged prior to 1st September, 2007) would be in effect if legislation is passed and until then no new applications can be lodged under subclasses 175, 176 and 475 visas.

Also states are not sponsoring those visa subclasses (175, 176 and 475) who are in a scope to be ceased or capped.

I want to know about those who are in the said scope but already been granted State Sponsor during the month of May, 2010 (genereally speaking after 8th May, 2010 when this new ceasing and capping thingie was announced).

So, generally speaking about those who lodged applications before 1st September, 2007 and got state sponsorship after this (ceasing and capping) was announced, what would be the future of those?

Please comment in detail as I got no clue about it on any page of DIAC website, WA State Migration Center website or any other relevant webpage.
It is was a decision by states to independently cease processing sponsorship applications because of Immi halting the acceptance of the 175/176 and 475 visa applications and the states decide action independently of oneanother and it is not associated with Immi policy on the capping by visa class or by occupation.

It will be up to Immi to determine how they treat earlier applications with later sponsorship and though the policy intent has been published, I'd expect further detail including the process timetable to become available after July 01.
In general, I'd also expect based on what Immi have already announced that pre September 2007 applications are going to be considered quite differently to later applications.

There is however nothing to be done other than wait for further information to be released.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It is was a decision by states to independently cease processing sponsorship applications because of Immi halting the acceptance of the 175/176 and 475 visa applications and the states decide action independently of oneanother and it is not associated with Immi policy on the capping by visa class or by occupation.

It will be up to Immi to determine how they treat earlier applications with later sponsorship and though the policy intent has been published, I'd expect further detail including the process timetable to become available after July 01.
In general, I'd also expect based on what Immi have already announced that pre September 2007 applications are going to be considered quite differently to later applications.

There is however nothing to be done other than wait for further information to be released.
thank you for the wisest advices always...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

i've been trying to find more information about this myself.
i know it's probably just a matter of waiting it out... but i'd still like to help my friends plan for whatever outcome.

what exactly do you mean or know about the considerations made on the applications prior to sept 2007? how will they be treated differently than those made after sept 2007?
this is a main factor with my friends from thailand as they applied for PR (in full) just before this cutoff date.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
i've been trying to find more information about this myself.
i know it's probably just a matter of waiting it out... but i'd still like to help my friends plan for whatever outcome.

what exactly do you mean or know about the considerations made on the applications prior to sept 2007? how will they be treated differently than those made after sept 2007?
this is a main factor with my friends from thailand as they applied for PR (in full) just before this cutoff date.
I suppose the main factor for offshore applications could be seen as the date as was referred to in the announcement of 08February - http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/faq-offshore-preseptember.pdf , that being what Usman has asked about.
It would seem that the later announcement in respect to new legislation [ not yet passed into law ] is to allow visa application consideration decision by occupational category and address the numbers of applications not necessarily meeting demand requirements.
I'd reckon the best approach anyone currently in Australia could take would be to seek an employer sponsor and get a 457 visa application in if possible.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
From what I can gather now here. The Govt wants students that graduate here to get an employer to sponsor them after graduation for a period of time (years). .
A bit of a mixed bag there jc and only your first line on the topic about legislative ammendement for the capping of visa numbers and then you are wide of the mark, ie.
The government is not saying anything other than the system as it was allowed for what could have been called a student visa highway to residency and certainly one that was being overused, the legislative ammendments being to address an issue that was not working in accord with Australian immigration needs nor the economy in an overall sense and temporary visas/employer sponsored visas are options within the immigration regulations structure.
I'll delete the rest of your post to save the thread hairing off on a tangent but feel free to post on relevant threads with correct information.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
i wonder if any changes (even if only slightly) will occur now that we have a new prime minister?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hairdresser no longer in list of skill for migration?

Hi,is it true that hairdressers is not longer a skill in the migration list?O if so it'll be so sad...

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
dear wanderer, thanks for your help, but when will we expect them to take action towrds these applications?? also when will the election finalize?

gina
They are taking the offshore applications again ginathabet and though there is usually a slow down of processing leading up to the end of a financial year if the annual budget is being closed on, applications would again be processed as per normal, one difference being that States still need to get their Migration Plans approved.
There was also something of a build up occurring in the last few months of the financial year and hence the suspension of offshore applications on May 17, the build up itself likely to cause some congestion with the system and then I imagine because of the suspensio there could be more than usual applicants looking to get applications in, so possibly congestion continued for a while.

·
Registered
10 Posts
game over

dear wonderer,
finaly i get the reply from the DIAC, they refused my application. after 3 years of waiting
they will refund me the application fees only while i paid more than 3 times of the application amount. really unfair.

gina

·
Registered
4 Posts
need help

i applied for my permanent and temorary residency a year ago.....studyin cookery....through paper applicaiton....and havent not heard anythin from my agent...since........how can i know wats happenin to my application........

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
epsy, this thread was meant to be more of the general info line type on latest developments.I'll have to go back and delete a couple of posts but am drawing a line now so can you start a new thread please.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.