Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Me and my partner have been in a relationship for 5 months now i'm from Melbourne and She's from Philippines but currently works in Macau, We met each other last month for the first time and got engaged. We had about 2 weeks together and went back to our separate country. We are planning to get married next year July but we are on hold on that because we are taking into consideration which visa should we apply to bring her to Australia . We only met for about 2 weeks since we started our relationship met her parents but she hasn't met mine, as for financial ties we only have one joint account in Philippines, Should we apply for PMV(300) or Take her here as tourist visa then onshore application of 820/801 visa?

Thank You in Advance for the help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While my partner is here on Australia on tourist visa(600) we can get married then we can compile evidence of our relationship for 2 to 3 months before applying for 820/801 visa, will that be enough evidence for us to lodge?...

has anyone done this before?

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
While my partner is here on Australia on tourist visa(600) we can get married then we can compile evidence of our relationship for 2 to 3 months before applying for 820/801 visa, will that be enough evidence for us to lodge?...

has anyone done this before?
If you knew exactly what evidence to obtain in that short time ans dedicated your time to obtain that evidence.

You would still be lucky - very lucky.

And to be honest you would need to study the visa for many hours a day for a good month or 3 to take that risk before the application of the "Visitor Visa" 600 and conditions that maybe imposed.

Don't forget to declare the relationship in any visa applications.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Don’t rush into anything. Just getting married means little if you can’t meet the overall relationship requirements.

I suggest you seek professional advice to work out a realistic strategy. There’s too much at stake here.

Reactions: wrussell
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.